Cadets 2012 - 25th Anniv of 1987's App Spring

I don't think we'll see it on the field for the Cadets next year . . .but maybe it might be a good first show for Cadets2. :smile:

When they announced Cadet2, it was said the Corps would probably put on the field shows like "App. Springs," "To Tame the Perilous Sky" ... previous Cadet favorites, so I think you'll see Cadet2 perform those shows in the near future …

NO. Cadets usually do well when they put on shows that are new to the organization (Stonehenge, We Are The Future, The Zone, Angels and Demons). I think they need to continue down that path instead of rehashing shows that have been done before.

• Like 1

I think the SCV reason is best, it was recently done, and yes.. anniversary shows tend to be a little less than expected because you always compare. Good ol' drum corps is always nice, but let's see something new (in the style of good ol' drum corps) and by that i mean, let's see a new show!

One that we can talk about in the next 25 years! (i think we saw that this year!)

Although BD 1986 did a pretty decent job of owning that 1976 music.

In a lot of ways Cadets 87 is my favorite show, but I don't see any value in revisiting that concept. Not just because SCV did so just a couple of years ago (and they nearly, save the drum break, beat out The Cadets' version for me in so doing), or because a rehash would inevitably be disappointing, but because I prefer the Cadets find a new way forward.

In 2009 they *needed* to find something in their past to revisit after a few years of fumbling along trying to innovate. This year I think they've found a new voice, in a way, and I hope they build on that success.

actually, I think they refound their voice. It's ok to be cool and break some ground while being firmly rooted in the basics and not have innovation for the sake of innovation.

Very no. :tongue:

actually, I think they refound their voice. It's ok to be cool and break some ground while being firmly rooted in the basics and not have innovation for the sake of innovation.

That's the PERFECT way to describe this year's Cadets. When they do shows using that "formula", they almost always do very well. I think they should stick to it and continue to find new ways to produce shows that will be as memorable as this year's show will be.