OT - earthquake in the east

Washington will get an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week? Maybe the politicians will get the hint?

I doubt it Tom. Nothing has given them a clue yet.

Jim, Just Mother Nature, she's not happy with Washington DC.... shutup.gif

Yeah, knocked a couple of "tips" off Washington Cathederal.....

couple of 5 to 8 FOOT tall "tips". :shutup:

Washington will get an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week? Maybe the politicians will get the hint?

Don't count on it Tom. They'll just set up another "Blue Ribbon Commission" to study the problem, with results to be forthcoming in September of 2015.

I live in Paterson, NJ. I'm three blocks north of the Passaic River. We've never had water reach our block, even during the worst flooding periods. Still, after hearing of the earthquake, most of my neighbors moved their cars a block up the hill and left them with the engines running just in case of a river tsunami.... no tsunami, but four cars were stolen.

:blink:

Joe Dz in NJ

I live in Paterson, NJ. I'm three blocks north of the Passaic River. We've never had water reach our block, even during the worst flooding periods. Still, after hearing of the earthquake, most of my neighbors moved their cars a block up the hill and left them with the engines running just in case of a river tsunami.... no tsunami, but four cars were stolen.

Only in NJ! :doh:

I work across the street from ATL airport and definitely felt it. Our building undulated sort of like a boat with ripples passing beneath it. Papers hanging on my cube walls swayed and you could definitely feel it for about 20-30 seconds.

The quake was felt in my area (Delaware/south NJ).

Called home to make sure all was well. Found out that neighbors on our street started putting in a pool today. They started the serious digging right before the quake. The work crew was seen afterward in a frenzy, momentarily afraid they were the cause of the whole thing. :blink:

Joe Dz in NJ

HAHA Joe ... sounds like some old Paterson Cadets and Our Lady of Lourdes members are still active in the community ...

:-)

There was an earthquake In Colorado yesterday as well. Did noticable damage in some areas. It was above 5, but I didn't feel it here in Denver.

Thought cause you left California you wouldn't have to worry about quakes any more huh :-p jk

glad all is safe... but just wait until next weekend hehe... :devil:

Thought cause you left California you wouldn't have to worry about quakes any more huh :-p jk

glad all is safe... but just wait until next weekend hehe... :devil:

Wendy, to add more irony, I grew up in Virginia.

Good luck next week. Bring it home California.

Edited by Dmlkmen