Irene Thread

Scranton area has some flooding. Ocean City MD finally opened back up

Also wondering about Bob Cardaneo from Long Neck DE, I know Long Neck was evacuated as well.

Southern NH got lots of rain, some wind...northern NH got it worse, there is some major river flooding occurring there as we speak and it's getting worse literally by the minute. About 165,000 statewide without power right now, since there are still strong winds and rain in the northern part of the state, those numbers are expected to rise before they fall. About the worst of the damage in my area is some trees and limbs down.

Main area in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre is OK, but outlying areas have lots of flash flooding and bridges washed away. Basically the city areas are fine, but country areas are in rough shape. My wife's school was to have their first day tomorrow....key word being 'was.'

Looks like Laguardia, JFK, and Newark were spared from what I am seeing on CNN. For those of us flying in next weekend, this was somewhat of a concern.

I see Northwest New York is getting pounded by rain, and thats not good news. How is the Rochester area doing right now?

Today in Rochester it has been breezy, a bit cooler than the past few days, and I saw the sun peek through this afternoon. I live a little bit west of Rochester but as far as I know we didn't even see any rain. The forecast was for spotty showers. So no worries all, Rochester Rhino's Stadium is still standing :tongue:

Very excited for the upcoming finals weekend! See everyone then!

Rump!

No major problems here in the Baltimore area.

Our power was out for about 15 hours... overnight until about an hour ago. Some tree branches came down, and one of my neighbors' trees toppled over.

No flooding here. Fortunately, on the townhome court where I live, we've never had any flooding problems.

The sun's been out for a few hours now. :smile:

What I find incredible is that in NY, there were ONLY 340,000 people who lost power...in the entire state!!

New York City has 8 million people alone!

So yeah.....this was just another rain storm for us! LOL

What I find incredible is that in NY, there were ONLY 340,000 people who lost power...in the entire state!!

New York City has 8 million people alone!

So yeah.....this was just another rain storm for us! LOL

I heard it was a million people without power, and you are invited to tell my sister, to her face, it was just another rain storm as she has many trees down in her yard - lol

I double dog dare ya........

PS - she's much meaner than me!!!!!

34K out in Dauphin County, PA (Harrisburg/Hershey home county), across the River in Cumberland Co 14K out this morning. Weird part is most outages from 4-6am Sun from what I heard. Mostly tree branches as the nasty winds kicked in around 4:30am. We just got power back about half hour ago and dad got his power and water (on a well pump) about the same time.....

Lesson learned... CHARGE the FRIGGIN' CELL PHONES.... Have Fiber Optic phone for the house and the battery in the converter in the basment died after 6 hours. After that no dial tone on the phone that's hard wired in the wall (to go with the cordless phones.

Funny story... can't get a hold of my dad so dodge closed road and downed trees to drive to his place NE of Harrisburg. Almost there and remember he has a cell phone. :doh: Drive the rest of the way and while taling about his phone he says he can barely hear the ringer so "Turn it up for me". Get the phone and it's at max volume but the ringer is a old style ringing phone that ain't too loud. So I monkey with it until this horrible tune comes up (Disco Cowboy?) that you can hear outside. :blink: Of course I get "Hey I'll hear that!!! Leave it on!!". So if you're near a 78 year old muchkin and his pocket starts BLASTING a tune that even teenagers will hate.... probably my dad.... :doh:

Edited by JimF-LowBari