2011 Mini Corps Results

Kamarag

star was amazing....

I'll just say this once... for the uneducated... each of the three judges felt that star deserved to be more ahead of the score they had given the second place corps... if they could have given more than 100 - they would have...

I congratulate them on an amazing performance

half way through 1812 the audience was on their feet and wouldn't stop clapping... near the end ... they were throwing babies...

Yup!! I missed the babies part tho. Didn't see any.

Folks need to realize that a 100, or a 10 in a caption for that matter, doesn't equal perfection. All it means is you maxed out the sheet, given the tolerance of the show and numbers management.

100 out of 100 is pretty #### impressive nonetheless.

congrats to star,, but it shows the major flaw in today's opinionated judging ,,we need what we've never had in all the years,,ticks,,difficulty,,nothing else...screwed up after all these years STILL all the GE,,stupid...no dig to star they are truly great and deserving,, as always

Edited by zarblap

The exhibition after SU was VERY entertaining by the folks from Empire. So much so that they did a repeat at the request of those in the audience. One disturbing part of that exhibition though was the use of an electric bass. For me I hope that I don't see that again any time soon. Hope that this isn't someone's idea of getting this introduced into future DCA formats???? A litmus test here??

Kilties had a special guest with us tonight- none other than the legendary Bonnie Ott!

I thought that might be her when she came out to play her trademark solo in Blue Devil's "Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor". When I heard her lip trilling with abandon, I felt my hunch was correct! Thanks, Bonnie, for the entertainment and the trip down memory lane.

The exhibition after SU was VERY entertaining by the folks from Empire. So much so that they did a repeat at the request of those in the audience. One disturbing part of that exhibition though was the use of an electric bass. For me I hope that I don't see that again any time soon. Hope that this isn't someone's idea of getting this introduced into future DCA formats???? A litmus test here??

No, nothing to do with DCA and "to be or not to be" electronics... this strictly had to do with marketing a brass theatre production to Vegas promoters... It certainly was entertaining...

Why do people have to look for conspiracies everywhere and not just enjoy performances for what they are?

• Like 5

The most entertaining night I have had in many years.

It was a shock seeing Bonny with the Kilts, she knocked her solo out of the park just like 35 years ago.

All the mini corps brought their A game. I thought Ghost Riders were superb but Star was on another planet.

"The Edge of Empire" brought a Blast style performance to the mini corps stage that just blew everyone away, Amazing with only 4 days of preparation.

This is one DVD I will be buying

• Like 1