DCI trivia

2, 3...doesn't change anything. I have no doubt he was adorable all dressed up....but marched? Hard to imagine.

They do it every year. BDC is open to enrollment as young as three years old. Have you ever seen them perform? They're great to watch, and they have little kids out there carrying trumpets and flags as young as 3.

• Like 1

They do it every year. BDC is open to enrollment as young as three years old. Have you ever seen them perform? They're great to watch, and they have little kids out there carrying trumpets and flags as young as 3.

I have....actually my first corps was very much like it (I mentioned my brother marching at 5...and even calling that marching is stretching it). But at 3 they're holding something and standing where they're told (you hope)....to compare that to marching is disingenuous. Heck, it's not uncommon for 3 year-olds to not be fully potty trained yet. Like I said, I'm sure he looked adorable in his little-bitty uniform and all, but...

It's great the young man had the opportunity to march for the majority of his life and with such an accomplished organization....but isn't the truth impressive enough? Why stretch it?

It says on the BD web site that enrolment for BDC is 8-14

It says on the BD web site that enrolment for BDC is 8-14

NOW it is....but when he was a young'un it might've been different.

Here's Andrew's listing from the BD roster:"

2011 A Corps – Snare

2010 A Corps – Snare

2009 A Corps – Snare

2008 A Corps – Bass

2007 A Corps – Snare

2006 B Corps – Bass

2005 B Corps – Bass

2004 B Corps – Bass

2003 B Corps – Bass

2002 C Corps – Snare

2001 C Corps – Snare

2000 C Corps – Snare

1999 C Corps – Snare

1998 C Corps – Snare

1997 C Corps – Snare

1996 C Corps – Snare

1995 C Corps – Snare

1994 C Corps – Snare

1993 C Corps – Cymbals

Looks like 19 years to me...as a performing member.

• Like 2

This one is for BRASSO.....or anyone else other than Mr. Boo who I'm sure knows off the top of his head... :smile:

Who is the only World Class corps alive whom the Boston Crusaders have never beaten?

At least, until 2012......

I'll go with the Blue Devils for 500, Craiga.

I'll go with the Blue Devils for 500, Craiga.

Technically, no. Boston placed higher than BD in 1971. Of course, BD didn't do much in 71.

They've never beaten SCV...been right behind them a number of times, tho.

Are we talking just at nats, or at ANY time during the season??

Well if it says cymbal next to his name, of course it's impossible that as a 3 year-old, he stood where he was told holding cymbals and looking adorable :doh:

Sorry, I've met to many three-year-olds. :blink:

I can't believe folks are arguing this...have you never met a three-year-old before?

Y'all can believe whatever your little heart desires, I'm out.

'night folks.

NOW it is....but when he was a young'un it might've been different.

Here's Andrew's listing from the BD roster:"

2011 A Corps – Snare

2010 A Corps – Snare

2009 A Corps – Snare

2008 A Corps – Bass

2007 A Corps – Snare

2006 B Corps – Bass

2005 B Corps – Bass

2004 B Corps – Bass

2003 B Corps – Bass

2002 C Corps – Snare

2001 C Corps – Snare

2000 C Corps – Snare

1999 C Corps – Snare

1998 C Corps – Snare

1997 C Corps – Snare

1996 C Corps – Snare

1995 C Corps – Snare

1994 C Corps – Snare

1993 C Corps – Cymbals

Looks like 19 years to me...as a performing member.

Technically, no. Boston placed higher than BD in 1971. Of course, BD didn't do much in 71.

They've never beaten SCV...been right behind them a number of times, tho.

Are we talking just at nats, or at ANY time during the season??

SCV may be the answer if you are just talking about the DCI era. But Boston did have our number in 1969 at World Open and VFW. Maybe others too but I'm getting too old to remember.

SCV may be the answer if you are just talking about the DCI era. But Boston did have our number in 1969 at World Open and VFW. Maybe others too but I'm getting too old to remember.

Actually, I was referring to head-to-head matchups druing the season during both the pre-DCI and DCI eras. Blue Devils are the correct answer. BRASSO wins.

As of 2011, at least. :smile:

Well if it says cymbal next to his name, of course it's impossible that as a 3 year-old, he stood where he was told holding cymbals and looking adorable :doh:

Sorry, I've met to many three-year-olds. :blink:

I can't believe folks are arguing this...have you never met a three-year-old before?

Y'all can believe whatever your little heart desires, I'm out.

'night folks.

Actually, it looks to me like you're the only one that has a problem with this. Was he told what to do? Probably. However, I seem to remember being told what to do when I marched. Even when I was with the Renegades. What it comes down to is this, his name is on the roster, yeah? That's all I need.

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 3