DCI trivia

as for question 5...

A better question is why is our friend reliable Steve Rondinaro not in their Hall of Fame?

New Question:

1. What was the first TV Broadcast of a DCI CHAMPIONSHIP? What year? What City?

2. Who was the TV Color Commentator?

Was it Curt Gowdy... legendary HOF MLB baseball and Olympics announcer, etc, Tom that did the first color commentary ? I know he did so, but I forget if he did the color commentary for the first televised DCI Championships or not.

Edited by BRASSO

1. 1974 Ithaca

2. You... Tom Peashey

as for question 5...

A better question is why is our friend reliable Steve Rondinaro not in their Hall of Fame?

New Question:

1. 1974 Ithaca

2. You... Tom Peashey

:-) :rolleyes:

Keith gets the bronze ring!

as for question 5...

New Question:

My answer would be 1975 Philly and Tim Moxley. Yeah, there was video produced of the 1974 championships but it was the top 3 only and I don't recall it being broadcast at the time.

It was more than the top 3... DCI has the 74 stuff archived and some of it is available... unfortunately, these are very good reproductions of video recordings of the TV show... the 1 inch masters were destroyed before anyone thought to ask for them. The station had gotten rid of their 1 inch equipment in favor of half inch and since they would have no way to use their archival footage - they dumped it all..

want to cry even more? We shot MOST of prelims... some amazing performances would have been preserved... water over the dam...

It was broadcast around the country on a delayed basis I believe on Thanksgiving day - maybe earlier - production was done by WCNY Syracuse... I even had to go to the studio during editing to add voice overs ... and fix a few things...

DCI had other TV footage of some midwest shows but this was definitely the first time DCI Championships was offered to the mass media.

Here's a tough one to research, but, has anyone ever (in jr. corps) marched more than Andrew Odello? This drummer with the Blue Devils aged out with 19 years in the same corps. I'd be curious to find out if anyone has or could best that mark.

Sorry, having a hard time believing that a child "marched" at 2 years old. I can buy that he was dressed in a little-bitty uniform and was cute as a dickens....but marched?

My brother marched at 5 years old (he was a cymbal player....he crashed when someone pointed at him) so I know young kids can sort of march....but 2? It's hard to get a group of 2 year olds to stand still together to get their picture taken! Never mind march. :satisfied:

Sorry, having a hard time believing that a child "marched" at 2 years old. I can buy that he was dressed in a little-bitty uniform and was cute as a dickens....but marched?

My brother marched at 5 years old (he was a cymbal player....he crashed when someone pointed at him) so I know young kids can sort of march....but 2? It's hard to get a group of 2 year olds to stand still together to get their picture taken! Never mind march. :satisfied:

BDC.... he started at 3 years old and had a bonus year. If your parents ran the Blue Devils organizations, you can bet he started as soon as he was able, and marched every year he could.

This one is for BRASSO.....or anyone else other than Mr. Boo who I'm sure knows off the top of his head... :smile:

Who is the only World Class corps alive whom the Boston Crusaders have never beaten?

At least, until 2012......

And for the record, the vaunted Braintree Braves DID have an equipment truck in the early 80s...it was a converted HOOD milk truck! And the corps bus was, in fact,a Ford Country Squire station wagon.

This one is for BRASSO.....or anyone else other than Mr. Boo who I'm sure knows off the top of his head... :smile:

Who is the only World Class corps alive whom the Boston Crusaders have never beaten?

At least, until 2012......

And for the record, the vaunted Braintree Braves DID have an equipment truck in the early 80s...it was a converted HOOD milk truck! And the corps bus was, in fact,a Ford Country Squire station wagon.

I've been cleaning out my head lately. Had to finally dump the receipts for Mexican restaurants back to 1984.

On to your answer...

BDC.... he started at 3 years old and had a bonus year. If your parents ran the Blue Devils organizations, you can bet he started as soon as he was able, and marched every year he could.

2, 3...doesn't change anything. I have no doubt he was adorable all dressed up....but marched? Hard to imagine.