DCI trivia

Technically, no. Boston placed higher than BD in 1971. Of course, BD didn't do much in 71.

They've never beaten SCV...been right behind them a number of times, tho.

Are we talking just at nats, or at ANY time during the season??

Boston beat SCV in Qrtrs and Semis in 2005 in Boston. SCV passed Boston in finals

QTRS

Boston 89.425

SCV 87.675

SEMIS

Boston 89.750

SCV 88.050

FINALS

SCV 88.650

Boston 88.400

I have....actually my first corps was very much like it (I mentioned my brother marching at 5...and even calling that marching is stretching it). But at 3 they're holding something and standing where they're told (you hope)....to compare that to marching is disingenuous. Heck, it's not uncommon for 3 year-olds to not be fully potty trained yet. Like I said, I'm sure he looked adorable in his little-bitty uniform and all, but...

It's great the young man had the opportunity to march for the majority of his life and with such an accomplished organization....but isn't the truth impressive enough? Why stretch it?

If you really knew the BD organization, you'd know that they are upfront and honest about who has, and has not marched in their organization. In fact, I know for certain, that just because your name is Odello, does not guarantee you a spot in BD. You've got to earn it like everyone else.

Andrew is the real deal. FYI - it was his grandparents that started the entire organization. His Dad Rick, marched snare and wrote the book (along with Terry Shalberg) and taught in 1976 +, and now manages the three-peat "B" corps.

Edited by LancerLegend
  • Like 2

If you really knew the BD organization, you'd know that they are upfront and honest about who has, and has not marched in their organization. In fact, I know for certain, that just because your name is Odello, does not guarantee you a spot in BD. You've got to earn it like everyone else.

Andrew is the real deal. FYI - it was his grandparents that started the entire organization. His Dad Rick, marched snare and wrote the book (along with Terry Shalberg) and taught in 1976 +, and now manages the three-peat "B" corps.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....the Odello family bleeds more Blue than Tommy Lasorda.

Not only did Rick march, his future wife was in the guard.

I'm guessing the only name in the activity with more connection to a specific corps is Don Warren at Cavies.

• Like 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again....the Odello family bleeds more Blue than Tommy Lasorda.

Not only did Rick march, his future wife was in the guard.

I'm guessing the only name in the activity with more connection to a specific corps is Don Warren at Cavies.

Geez! Once and for all, I never said he didn't march ever. I didn't say that his family weren't true-blue Devils. I said that saying that a 3-year-old marched is disingenuous at best and that I'm sure he was adorable when he was dressed in his little tiny costume. I stand by that.

And it's not that I have a problem (as someone stated above) it just seems that when someone has such an amazing marching career.... embellishing it does nothing but diminish his true accomplishments.

• Like 1

Geez! Once and for all, I never said he didn't march ever. I didn't say that his family weren't true-blue Devils. I said that saying that a 3-year-old marched is disingenuous at best and that I'm sure he was adorable when he was dressed in his little tiny costume. I stand by that.

And it's not that I have a problem (as someone stated above) it just seems that when someone has such an amazing marching career.... embellishing it does nothing but diminish his true accomplishments.

Was that 3 year old a member of a Blue Devils corps? Yes. He was a member. Period. The end.

• Like 1

That was me, and yeah, you do.

• Like 1

it just seems that when someone has such an amazing marching career.... embellishing it does nothing but diminish his true accomplishments.

It isn't embellishing when you simply state the FACT that he started at 3 in the C corps and had 19 years in the org...as listed on his own listing on the alumni roster.

Please point out where any embellishing was done...

• Like 1

Technically, no. Boston placed higher than BD in 1971. Of course, BD didn't do much in 71.

They've never beaten SCV...been right behind them a number of times, tho.

Are we talking just at nats, or at ANY time during the season??

SCV is a wonderful Corps with a rich history of excellence.Boston has beaten SCV several times. As recently as 2005. Boston beat SCV 5 times in a row in 2005, including Quarters, and Semi's in August( before being topped on Finals Night that year by SCV ). The only current World Class Corps that Boston has never beat are the Blue Devils. BD was not that good in '71( just starting out as a Corps), but Boston ( which was a top 3 Corps in late 60's for a time... winning a couple of National Titles )was not very good by the time '71 rolled around either. The Vietnam War Draft hurt some Corps by 1971. The Boston Crusaders took a big hit.

Edited by BRASSO

SCV is a wonderful Corps with a rich history of excellence.Boston has beaten SCV several times. As recently as 2005. Boston beat SCV 5 times in a row in 2005, including Quarters, and Semi's in August( before being topped on Finals Night that year by SCV ). The only current World Class Corps that Boston has never beat are the Blue Devils. BD was not that good in '71( just starting out as a Corps), but Boston ( which was a top 3 Corps in late 60's for a time... winning a couple of National Titles )was not very good by the time '71 rolled around either. The Vietnam War Draft hurt some Corps by 1971. The Boston Crusaders took a big hit.

Respectfully, lots of corps took a big hit then...um...which corps won Jr. B Ontarios, Penn-York championships and Canadian Jr. B championships in one year and which year? Second question is which 2 corps, from the same city, made finals in 76?

Second question is which 2 corps, from the same city, made finals in 76?

Oakland Crusaders and Seneca Optimists