Steve Jobs

Jobs revolutionized (and probably saved) the music industry with iTunes. Here's another opportunity DCI and DCA have refused to take advantage of.

I would disagree with the final comment. iTunes' is the model that FanNetwork is based on, at least in terms of downloads. Given the number of illegal Napster Finals recordings and bootlegs that were out there ten years ago, the effect on DCI's bottom line has been a net positive, even if they're allowing access through their own site rather than Apple's site.

And for that, Jobs' idea provided the architecture.

Edited by mobrien
  • Like 1

Actually, we do.

There is no such thing as "private donations"... as in a donation being a secret.

The term private donation means it was done by an individual.

The data is published and accessable. Any donation over $5,000 must be reported to the United States Internal Revenue Service, even if the donation is not taxed.

According to a October 2007 IRS report he had never been reported to have surpassed the $5,000 mark.

So the words "he never donated a penny" may be a stretch, but we know he never donated more than $5,000 to one organization.

Exactly. A little bit of research will reveal that Steve Jobs was anything but a philanthropist. Apple did not make charitable contributions. Jobs wasn't exactly a "warm" person, & he was notorious for berating employees & treating people like garbage.

• Like 1

Guess you missed Boo's request above. Too bad.

Exactly. A little bit of research will reveal that Steve Jobs was anything but a philanthropist. Apple did not make charitable contributions. Jobs wasn't exactly a "warm" person, & he was notorious for berating employees & treating people like garbage.

Read post #22 in this thread and get back to us...

I honestly believe Steve Jobs would have made a great instructor or corps director in DCI. The man had impeccable standards, and excepted nothing short of perfection at all times. If someone didn't meet expectations, then they would be reprimanded or punished by Jobs until they could meet expectations. Why settle for second best? No one ever remembers the second best computer they had, or the second best car they drove, everyone knows and remembers the best. That's called having standards. And I know the way Jobs ran his company isn't "Politically correct" or "nice", but you can't argue with the results. He ran his employees hard, and they created the best company in the tech world.

• Like 2

Indeed, but up until recently PC never made a stable enough product to be used consistently for these things.

I'd also like to point out, way, WAY before pyware that the MAC Program "Marching Man" was the first marching band foundry program.

You've probably seen them on an old dot matrix print out, tiny little flags marked each individual with a number in the flag.

This program was actually a Mac made program, in collaboration with someone like Warner Brothers? (I'll have to go try and dig it up).

I'm sorry. I own PCs, Macs, and Linux boxes. They have all been pretty much equal as far as stability. I work with computers; I've witnessed a multitude problems with Macs ( just like 'regular' PCs). The benefit and detriment of Apple, the iProducts, and The Mac is their "walled garden" approach to their products. You will do what Apple wants and you will do it how "they" want you to do it. It'll be a pretty good ride as long as you do what they want you to do. The running joke is that if an Apple product doesn't work, "You did it wrong". The PC offers greater freedom to mess up; to think different ( LOL). Linux offers the most freedom to screw up, and you've gotta put in a lot of work to boot. It does seem to be pretty stable though... Eh, sorry about the rant. Adobe writes all of their software for the PC as well.

Jobs was a great businessman and I applaud him. He saved Apple during his second tenure after NeXT, whose OPENSTEP OS is what the latest OSX is built upon.

Marching Man would be an interesting program to see.

Edited by jjeffeory

FOUND IT.

Now to find a floppy disk drive that will read these bad boys! All 7 of them.

Haha!