Teal Sound 2012

105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the adult administration of the 2012 Teal Sound organization?

• Yes
    • No

If they're going to have the guy on staff, better to be upfront about it now and let the chips fall where they may. It would be a MUCH uglier scene if they went the "don't ask, don't tell" route and this whole business surfaced the last week of July for example. I don't even want to think about how damaging THAT whole scene could be, it could effectively kill the corps mid-season if enough decided to either leave voluntarily or were pulled out by their parents in a knee-jerk reaction.

The bottom line is that only the two people involved TRULY know all of the facts. I will agree that it was a monumental error in judgement. IMO, Teal did the right thing by getting it out in the open NOW...as for whether they should have hired him in the first place, really isn't my call because I DON'T know all the facts. From what I have gathered in a few posts, he won't have contact with the corps members, so their safety doesn't appear to be compromised. Both Teal and this individual must realize that now he will be literally be living under the microscope.

I completely agree with the first paragraph. It would have been completely out-of-line had they gone that route, which some groups have ...

Your second statement is wrong. We don't know all the facts, but we know enough. Emotions will always override facts, and parents are extremely emotional people who happen to have two things that corps need to survie: money and kids. Even if TS promised parents that this guy would only work from a gulag camp at gunpoint, that still wouldn't be enough to convince most of them. I'm not a parent, but as an instructor, I've dealt with enough parents to know that comprimise is a rapidly decaying thing these days.

If TS's administration was smarter, they would've avoided all fallout by not hiring him in the first place.

You know, it doesn't take a whole lot of will power not to creep on students.

There are plenty of fish in the sea. Who cares if we lose some talent.

• Like 1

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Examples of dead horses: Electronics, Bb horns, BD demand, Crown brass, ToC, Domes.

Examples of topics that don't go away: Children's safety.

• Like 6

Examples of dead horses: Electronics, Bb horns, BD demand, Crown brass, ToC, Domes.

Examples of topics that don't go away: Children's safety.

That wasn't the point. The point is that the ENTIRE universe knows and gets what this person has done and Teal's decision. Every time I read this thread all I see is the same thing being said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...over.

We get it.

• Like 3

That wasn't the point. The point is that the ENTIRE universe knows and gets what this person has done and Teal's decision. Every time I read this thread all I see is the same thing being said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...over.

We get it.

Sorry...there are many subjects on DCP that live on forever and shouldnt..the G8 stuff went on forever and ever and I think this subject is a little more important than that. With that said that is what happens in our activity and what many powers to be want to happen....lots of talk then nothing. Some subjects ( not a particular person ) need to be up front and stay there.. Maybe it will make some think twice. JMO

• Like 2

We get it.

and let me guess....

someone sat behind you and held a gun to your heard and forced you to read this thread, right?

• Like 3

Sorry...there are many subjects on DCP that live on forever and shouldnt..the G8 stuff went on forever and ever and I think this subject is a little more important than that. With that said that is what happens in our activity and what many powers to be want to happen....lots of talk then nothing. Some subjects ( not a particular person ) need to be up front and stay there.. Maybe it will make some think twice. JMO

This is a message board. If you really think anything is going to get done about an important topic here, you are delusional. This is just a place where people can come talk. At this point, everything that will be said on this topic has been said, and for the last 10 pages or so, we have in deed been beating a dead horse.

• Like 3

If this was a more established corps with older membership would it be as big a deal? This is commen in the activity unfortunately. Just google some if the new staff hires of a few other "big" corps the offseason and I'm sure you'll dig up one just as controversial. Maybe because it's teal and the members are younger makes it a bigger problem?