Some Answered Questions About Cadets2

It took years for DCA corps to be able to promote and have recruiting booths at DCI shows and when they did it was hard as pulling teeth getting them to say yes.

I suspect in time USSBA will open up the doors more to other DCA corps. Slow growth. I know I have heard that somewhere before.

You do? I think they will protect their own before letting any foxes into the hen house.

• Like 2

It took years for DCA corps to be able to promote and have recruiting booths at DCI shows and when they did it was hard as pulling teeth getting them to say yes.

I suspect in time USSBA will open up the doors more to other DCA corps. Slow growth. I know I have heard that somewhere before.

DCA Corps have been promoting at USSBA shows for a long time. This year- they were told they no. That's why I counted that on my list.

Attracting a younger fan base is DCA's Job #1 right now, and Cadets2 is going to be a driving force in that.

And they are doing a good job of it. Lots of seniors have left the activity for retirement or alumni corps. More are leaving year after year. There is no room for seniors in DCA anymore.

Edited by camel lips

DCA Corps have been promoting at USSBA shows for a long time. This year- they were told they no. That's why I counted that on my list.

I did not know that. Wonder what the reason is?

I think they will protect their own before letting any foxes into the hen house.

Where have we seen that before? :):)

You do? I think they will protect their own before letting any foxes into the hen house.

you are so right here I think....the reason some people are so successful is that others don't see the bigger picture...................If anyone believes Cadets 2 was started without many many many motives and not just the obvious ones.............stay tuned, it will all play out as things always do.

I'm not saying at all that it's a bad thing , nor am I saying that it won't be successful, what i am saying there's always a bigger picture being drawn that many could be overlooking. just a thought :smile:

I did not know that. Wonder what the reason is?

I think you may be missing a part of the equation here.

USSBA=YEA=CADETS2

• Like 1

USSBA=YEA=CADETS2

Your the legal eagle here but if what your suggesting USSBB is doing is true then they are opening themselves up for all sorts of legal action.

Im wondering if there might be more to it than protecting Cadets2?????

Your the legal eagle here but if what your suggesting USSBB is doing is true then they are opening themselves up for all sorts of legal action.

Im wondering if there might be more to it than protecting Cadets2?????

It is their show, their right to allow whoever to use their space at whatever show they choose. No sort of legal action applicable to this.

USSBA=YEA=CADETS2

I dont see the problem here.

You talk as if USSBA is the only band circuit for drum corps to recruit from. I was at a Cavalcade show with recruiting tables from a couple of DCA corps and 1 DCI corps. At the TOB Championships this past weekend there was a Drum Corps Row with DCI and DCA equally represented. If USSBA doesn't allow DCA corps to recruit from USSBA, there is always the other circuits to draw from. Nothing for nothing, a lot of USSBA bands also compete in TOB and Cvalcade, and trust me, the DCA corps do recruit from those shows.