Some Answered Questions About Cadets2

I honestly don't believe it matters at all where they say they are going to compete in their recruiting materials. The emphasis is on C2 and the Cadets organization, not the competitive circuit. If anything, their intention to compete in DCA is the least important facet of the new corps.

It's very possible that if Cadets2 have immediate success in DCA next year, it will do more for DCA than anything else in recent memory from a publicity standpoint.

i CAN AGREE WITH MOST OF WHAT YOU SAY EXCEPT YOUR 1ST LINE . Of course it matters where they compete and that they say it, which I guess they have now. As an example If I were going to audition in DCI and all of a sudden it was DCA I dont think I would be happy or if I auditionioned for WC and then it became OC ( Not happy )either way do they get a CADET EXPERIENCE , sure, just say it like it is though and info. non mis-leading, info is important.

I do think C2 will shake things up quite a bit and a great venture of the group ,and I am looking forward to the competition although there has been some shady HOP< LIKE doings already. But who would expect otherewise....lol

Edited by GUARDLING

,and I am looking forward to the competition although there has been some shady HOP< LIKE doings already. But who would expect otherewise....lol

Explain>????

I guess I can't wait to see Cadets2 blow everyone away in 2012. Then, read all the positive comments about the corps.Then, be a fly on the wall listening to all the DCA directors of the older corps trying to figure out what and why this happened.

8 to 9 months of reading some peoples negative talk on this corps BEFORE they even compete.

LOL

• Like 1

Because when you're marketing to kids, especially in the Northeast, the last thing you want to do is talk about DCA. Perception is more important than reality.

I really do not see your point considering the average age of DCA corps is already around 22 years old and getting younger each year.

With Cadets2 raising the bar with a age cap and expected/anticipated drill demand I expect the average age to drop even more. Especially if Cadets2 sees some success rattling the cages and making a huge impact on the top contenders.

This is not your beer drinking senior corps anymore.

• Like 1

I guess I can't wait to see Cadets2 blow everyone away in 2012. Then, read all the positive comments about the corps.Then, be a fly on the wall listening to all the DCA directors of the older corps trying to figure out what and why this happened.

8 to 9 months of reading some peoples negative talk on this corps BEFORE they even compete.

LOL

there hasnt been negative talk on the corps I think just on the motives maybe. that has nothing to do with competition or who is 1st or 2nd

• Like 1

Then, be a fly on the wall listening to all the DCA directors of the older corps trying to figure out what and why this happened.

I feel safe saying those directors knew the day would come when a dark horse corps would come up out of the woodwork and beat them. They have been safe knowing how hard it is to get a corps off the ground much less having a program that can compete head to head with the top 5.

Its a new ball game folks.

Explain>????

it will all play out soon with staff additions ......... a prediction made many months ago....... Hop will do what he needs to no doubt no matter what his mission preaches.

The corps will no doubt be a succcess and I wish the members all the best. Also new competition within DCA wont be a bad thing either. :smile:

Edited by GUARDLING

I honestly don't believe it matters at all where they say they are going to compete in their recruiting materials. The emphasis is on C2 and the Cadets organization, not the competitive circuit. If anything, their intention to compete in DCA is the least important facet of the new corps.

After reading some comments I see your point now and have to agree. Appears YEAs target audience is potential members who are more interested in being with the Cadets organization than being in DCA. Makes more sense as potentials more interested in DCA would look at other corps. LOL, if they are more interested in being in Cadets org but can't do touring corps than it's C2 or nuttin'.

Haven't been reading the PR but guessing it's "CADETS, CADETS, CADETS.... oh yeah not in DCI". :cool:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Explain>????

1) Not allowing other DCA corps to recruit/promote at all USSBA events.

2) Not actively discussing DCA in promotional material, even though thats the circuit your participating in.

3) The age limitations.

4) Marketing the new drum corps as a "Regional Ensemble" instead of a Drum Corps

5) Supplying a Cadets Shako with every trophy given out at USSBA events.

I appreciate the aggressive marketing strategy, don't get me wrong. But given the very high fee's the corps is charging (The $1,000 tuition doesn't even include food, housing fees from May out) and $175 for registration and 1st camp fees (Vs most other corps $25-$50) makes me think a little less of the "Exception Youth Experience" YEA promotes.

After reading some comments I see your point now and have to agree. Appears YEAs target audience is potential members who are more interested in being with the Cadets organization than being in DCA. Makes more sense as potentials more interested in DCA would look at other corps. LOL, if they are more interested in being in Cadets org but can't do touring corps than it's C2 or nuttin'.

I dont think anyone says I want to join DCA then picks a corps.