Bringing Back Classic Programs

ANY drum corps show done in the last century on G bugles is fair game to be played again, by ANY corps.

I love to listen (and compare) the old G bugle stuff to the young guns. These modern corps on Bb horns stack up very well playing the old classics.

I've heard both, and I don't listen to old or new with any bias, since I never marched a corps. I love the modern versions.

I know it's not a program in and of itself, but I'd love to hear a new take on Barber's Adagio for Strings. LOVED SCV's 2000 rendition (minus the KRISTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA soloist in the stands)

Cavaliers 1995 "The Planets"

Madison Scouts 1999 "Jesus Christ Superstar"

Phantom Regiment 1996 "A Defiant Heart" (I really want to see those all black uniforms again!)

• Like 1

This tune...hmmm....to me, it just screams drum corps...

If you get bored...skip to the 4:30 mark and listen to the end -

But seriously...a classic musical selection (don't repeat drill and color guard...just the music...) - doesn't have to be performed by the same corps that made it famous. It just needs a quality treatment and conscientious attention.

This tune...hmmm....to me, it just screams drum corps...

If you get bored...skip to the 4:30 mark and listen to the end -

But seriously...a classic musical selection (don't repeat drill and color guard...just the music...) - doesn't have to be performed by the same corps that made it famous. It just needs a quality treatment and conscientious attention.

Hmmm yeah, I wonder if any corps have done that song? :tongue:

no problems with new arrangements of old skool tunz!

Santa Clara Vanguard = Their 1985 show (Festive Overture, SCV style, is drum corps happiness!)

An interesting idea if they could throw in a complete "Old Era" to "New Era" uniform change through some 21st century interpretation of the Tunnel of Doom...

I would kill to see a revamped "Phantom of the Opera" show from SCV.

• Like 1

I would love to see particular tunes brought back, but not entire shows. I feel like it's better as an idea than it is as an actuality. Each year for each corps has a particular identity and feel, so it would be weird to see full shows done over.