The DVD has landed

I am pleased, they look good, and they sound good!

haha why would someone -1 me for that?! :huh:

• Like 2

haha why would someone -1 me for that?! :huh:

Lol! I think the "Chicken Littles" that think the sky has fallen don't want to hear anything good about the DVDs! :tongue:

• Like 2

Previous years I have been able to use Ripit to burn the DVD to move the videos to my iPad to watch. So far it won't work on this years DVD. UGH.. I so enjoy watching my DCI on my iPad on trips. :thumbdown:

Aw....I didn't get mine today. I pre-ordered and everything. Here's hoping I have a present waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow.

I think the people who received their DVDs today either had one day shipping or they live near the state that the DVDs were shipped from. My guess is that the people who paid for 2 day shipping will get their DVDs tomorrow.

I got my Blu-Rays today!! I live in North Carolina and only ordered a few weeks ago. Did not pay for expedited shipping. Very pleased with the product. Spent the afternoon watching all 12 shows. To all the people worried about the edits for Crown and the Cavaliers, they seemed pretty seamless to me. I was watching in multi-cam so I don't know if there would be any sudden angle changes or an alternate shot thrown in on the hi-cam. But if someone was watching/listening to it who was not familiar with the show they would never be able to tell that anything had been changed. For Madison they waited until the last possible second to fade out to a black screen then brought the picture back before the last held note. They did excellent work in a difficult situation.

I applaud Tom Blair and his crew on a job well done!! :thumbup:

• Like 7

I got my Blu-Rays today!! I live in North Carolina and only ordered a few weeks ago. Did not pay for expedited shipping. Very pleased with the product. Spent the afternoon watching all 12 shows. To all the people worried about the edits for Crown and the Cavaliers, they seemed pretty seamless to me. I was watching in multi-cam so I don't know if there would be any sudden angle changes or an alternate shot thrown in on the hi-cam. But if someone was watching/listening to it who was not familiar with the show they would never be able to tell that anything had been changed. For Madison they waited until the last possible second to fade out to a black screen then brought the picture back before the last held note. They did excellent work in a difficult situation.

I applaud Tom Blair and his crew on a job well done!! :thumbup:

To those of us who weren't at the show, how would we know? You convinced me to order something from 2011. Thank you! :bigsmile:

It was still a bit of a bait-and-switch; "let's not tell you this stuff until the DVD's start shipping."

That's where the issue probably is for the majority of folks; it's not so much what was cut as it is the handling of it after the fact.

all comes down to good PR

Depends on the money, honestly. Rights can get very, very expensive, especially as the holding companies often don't differentiate between an educational non-profit's championship video and a multi-million dollar TV commercial.

I have no issue with the parts getting cut. It's sad, but let's face it - if DCI could, they would. However, I do think the outreach, sadly familiar, hasn't been handled very well.

Mike

:music: