Cadets2 question...

Fair enough, but I think we agree on more than what we disagree with. The frustrating part for me is on a lot of what we DO agree on, you are posing against me as argument as if I don't agree. That's frustrating because it's as if you are dictating to me what I believe or what my opinions are. Even other people see it - as one user several posts up even noted.

i.e.,...

I dont care what your opinions are. I am throwing out facts

If I missed anyone ask this earlier I apologize - this is the only question I'm coming up with out of this - most kids in the junior corps age (17 - 22?) are back at school prior to Labor Day. Most OC corps' rosters would be decimated by Labor Day. How will this play with C2?

As I understand it, the latest-starting schools in the country are in the area where Cadets2 and several of their northeastern DCA predecessors reside.

My experiences in NJ are that schools start the Tuesday or Wednesday after Labor Day.

As I understand it, the latest-starting schools in the country are in the area where Cadets2 and several of their northeastern DCA predecessors reside.

My experiences in NJ are that schools start the Tuesday or Wednesday after Labor Day.

PA resident here. Schools all over this area generally start the week preceding Labor Day. Many high schools have games that Friday, but only a few have band participation, and even fewer have directors that "require" kids to skip DCA for it if they march. It won't be a problem for Cadets2.

PA resident here. Schools all over this area generally start the week preceding Labor Day. Many high schools have games that Friday, but only a few have band participation, and even fewer have directors that "require" kids to skip DCA for it if they march. It won't be a problem for Cadets2.

I was thinking the college end as I ran into that BITD. Just another thing for the potential members to mull over when they decide to go out for a corps in either circuit.

6 of one, half dozen of the other unless one of the things to consider (travel, costs, school, whatever) is a show stopper....

agreed.

I would venture to say that for the majority of the corps actively competing in DCA today, you have more members under the age of 30,

6 or so people does not contradict an average age of 23.

No but a median age near 30 does blink.gif

Your observational prowess aside, you have no idea what the average age of a DCA corps might be. Looking at faces as corps enter and exit in full uniform? Really?

Based on *my* observations, the average age of DCA corps varies a whole lot corp to corps. So I'm not sure there's truly an "average age" for a DCA performer.

No doubt that the average age is trending downwards for some corps.

Why don't some corps reps (no pun intended) chime in on this issue? They might have something severely lacking in some other "estimates" i.e. accuracy.cool.gif

No but a median age near 30 does blink.gif

Your observational prowess aside, you have no idea what the average age of a DCA corps might be. Looking at faces as corps enter and exit in full uniform? Really?

Based on *my* observations, the average age of DCA corps varies a whole lot corp to corps. So I'm not sure there's truly an "average age" for a DCA performer.

No doubt that the average age is trending downwards for some corps.

Why don't some corps reps (no pun intended) chime in on this issue? They might have something severely lacking in some other "estimates" i.e. accuracy.cool.gif

Kilties=32 average age. Largest segment between 18-32 with a few really old geezer's who can still play like angels and march like gazelles bringing the average age up to 32. We wanted to kill off a few of them to bring the average age down; until many of us realized we were the "thems". :blink:

• Like 1

Kilties=32 average age. Largest segment between 18-32 with a few really old geezer's who can still play like angels and march like gazelles bringing the average age up to 32. We wanted to kill off a few of them to bring the average age down; until many of us realized we were the "thems". :blink:

lol.gif

Edited by corpsband

:spitting:

And when electronics come into play many of us have elected Bill to become the first animatronic player.We tried to have him stuffed years ago ,but he kept muttering "I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!!"

And now back to the topic....

Edited by JCSeymour