Cadets2 question...

THAT is ridiculous! Did you read the report on their camp numbers? NOBODY in DCA has that kind of turnout at their first camp. Win or not, they WILLLLLLLLLLLLL be in the top 5.

I believe I saw on Facebook one corps had close to 80 brass. C2 had what 100 or so? Also, not everyone in DCA went yet. Oh and you forget, Class A corps WON't have those kind of numbers.

Because the younger kids are going to be in better physical shape and will be able to do more of a demanding drill design and have more physical endurance. Handicap my butt. Sure, the old guys in senior corps might be more experienced players (some even professionals) but that don't mean SQUAT when they have to MOVE and play. Old guys (even the best of them) will have more feet pulsation in the sound and struggle more to get a great sound. Sorry to break it to ya, but unless you are a 38 year old NFL athlete, the old guys in this activity will not hold up physically in comparison to the kids. Sorry to burst your bubble. There are not many truly athletic adults in DCA. Rather, it's mostly made up of old guys with beer guts trying to re-live their glory years. And hey, I aint knockin it. I PAY good momey to see it every year and even marched in a DCA corps myself once. But let's be real....those DCI age kids will march circles around the older DCA corps.

well Bucs and MBI are ####ed then arent they? I mean look at what they did last year with all those old geezers

:rolleyes:

Again, check the camp attendance. The dues are obviously not a problem and infact, make it look all the more legit to an 18 year old - to say nothing of the fact that they actually ARE part of the Cadets.

You do realize, in many corps, some kids go to the first camp or two for the experience....and some also cut themselves when they realize they can't hang.

As for your comment about C1 kids turning down an offer. If you are talking about alum who have aged out...DUHHH! It's not built as an all age corps anyway so why would they want to?

C1 alum arent always as local as DCA's schedule allows

If you are talking about potential canidates for the current C1, just wait until the start making CUTS! The true "Cadet hand me downs" are still holding hopeful for C1. Once the cuts are made...THEN we will see what really happens. I'm certain that many who are cut will come running....just like they do in BDB and SCVC.

My response to you in short: You are DREEEEAAAAAMIN!!!

my quote to you is no one knows yet. Chill out. Will they be good? Probably. But I don't think they are expecting to win it all out of the gates.

THAT is the big dissapointment for me and why I've been such a grump over the DCA decision.I want to see them compete with BDB! It's their TRUE competition and we will never see a head to head. It bums me out. :(

um, they have kids over the DCI age out limit....so no, BDB is NOT their TRUE competition

I think you are missing something there buddy...that's 100 WITHOUT GUARD!!!! Brass and drums ONLY. Probably equiling about 70 horns and 30 percussion (give or take...ball park). Yeah, I'm "IMPRESSED"! Name the last DCA corps that marched 70 horns. Closest I can remember is Renegades in 04 with about 68. Don't think I've seen one that big since.

well when your limit of bodies is less than 150, it does make having 70 tough ya know

I think you are missing something there buddy...that's 100 WITHOUT GUARD!!!! Brass and drums ONLY. Probably equiling about 70 horns and 30 percussion (give or take...ball park). Yeah, I'm "IMPRESSED"! Name the last DCA corps that marched 70 horns. Closest I can remember is Renegades in 04 with about 68. Don't think I've seen one that big since.

Occording to the information I have from someone who was present at their camp, it was more like 70 percussion and only 20 or so brass. There were some guard members in attendance also.

Makes a big difference in ones opinion when you swing the numbers the other way.

I'll admit, I was giving C2 alot more credit right off the bat than what I should have. Either way- I wish them the best of luck. Now they get to play the "try and keep everyone we can game" like the rest of DCA.

That's a REALLY good turnout! Holy cow! A lot of LONG time DCA Finalist contending corps would KILL for those numbers at a first camp. WOW!

Your kidding right? 100 people, largely percussionists, and most DCA finalists would kill or those numbers?

I'm willing to bet Bucs, Empire, Hurcs, and Cabs all had over 150 people each. And that's on the low side.

Edited by irishbugle

you would be wrong on all counts,.........there was guard there,.........more than 50 percussion,........my guess is horns numbers in the 30's,..............

I believe I saw on Facebook one corps had close to 80 brass. C2 had what 100 or so? Also, not everyone in DCA went yet. Oh and you forget, Class A corps WON't have those kind of numbers.

Ohhhh....KAY...and this disproves my point how? I mean, obviously you agree that C2s numbers are higher than most (if not all). Glad you agree with me. What's your point?

• Like 1

um, they have kids over the DCI age out limit....so no, BDB is NOT their TRUE competition

Oh my gosh give me a break! C2's age limit is TWO YEARS older than DCI's limit. <Sarcasm>That really makes a huge difference, doesn't it?</sarcasm> :rolleyes:

Edited by drumcorpsdrummerman2012
  • Like 1

What we've seen very clearly here in the past few posts is the absolute futility of making any kind of a meaningful projection in November or December about next summer - especially when those projections are based upon hype, propaganda, wishful thinking, and/or fantasy.

They had seventy horns... or maybe it was twenty... or possibly it was thirty...

Why don't we all just get together in Wildwood on the third weekend in June and count them.

• Like 1

well when your limit of bodies is less than 150, it does make having 70 tough ya know

OMG! What is your POINT? Yeah, it makes it tough, and yet - C2 managed to have those numbers. Which might even mean they might have people to cut. Or maybe they march all 70 (ish) and go less in percussion and guard. Either way, you aren't disproving my point. That being, they have high numbers for a DCA corps and most likely quite a big higher than most if not all.

What are you trying to disprove? Whatever it is, it aint working. You are only affirming my points. Thanks, I appreciate it. :rolleyes:

Edited by drumcorpsdrummerman2012