Spirit of Atlanta 2012, OMG

Of all the corps I'd like to see make a major resurgence, Spirit is definitely #1. Would love to see this corps become a permanent finals fixture once more.

Yeah Spirit! The video is AWESOME. I love that they are doing well. It is great when someone or something makes a come back, which last year was completely (Maybe the best 12th place corps in over 20 years). Staying in is of course the trick. Having been in that situation myself in this activity I can tell you that yes the show design has to be good and the talent solid, the members cannot rest on thinking their efforts can stay the same and the corps move up. If the staff and members step it up in the winter over last season, that is where the biggest difference can be made, Looks like they are off to a good start.

WooWoo! Good for you Spirit of Atlanta. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU THIS SUMMER!

When are you releasing your show concept?

I just got back from the Midwest Clinic in Chicago. (For those that don't know, it's a HUGE multi-day conference for band and orchestra directors.) While there, I met the soloist in the video and his father, who played the solo over 30 years ago. They found me and I considered that quite an honor.

• Like 1

I would like to see an updated version of Interstellar Suite.

Actually, Michael, I never played played the solo back in the day. My son, when he was in middle school, took private lessons from Joel Schultz, who was the original Georgia soloist in 1979. Nice to meet you in Chicago.

Oops. My mistake and thanks for the correction. Nice to meet you, too.

• Like 1

Wow! That video gave me chills. If Georgia isn't part of the show PLEASE let it be part of the warm-up!!!!!

Spirit has played "Georgia" before every show for the past 2 years. In fact it's the last thing done before heading to the stadium. It's a huge hype.