Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

Your "friend" is telling a tall tale. The Cavaliers have not said a single thing to their members about what they are playing much less passed out the music. Last time I checked, the opener wasn't even written yet and they hadn't finished picking all of the music in the show.

and she mentioned that as well. :tongue:

My mistake I forgot to mention that, I am just stating what I was told. I forgot to mention that "however" part.

The above is a false statement.

tl;dr, seems cool though, I guess.

It's kind of interesting to see the reactions of people on here. Last year, when Santa Clara did, "The Devil's Staircase" there were howls from many on here about how unfamiliar and strange the music is, and how they should just go back to doing familiar, fan-friendly music. Even if the rep posted on here isn't the true one, why are people complaining? There are calls of it being boring, overplayed music, but isn't what people asked for? Fan-friendly, well known music? Can you really get more well known than the Planets? is it just that people want fan-friendly and familiar, as long as it's exactly what they think of as such? Or do some people just like complaining about what corps play, no matter what it is?

No matter what, I think SCV will have a great show this year, whatever they end up choosing. But then again, I liked Devil's Staircase and Bartok, so maybe I'm just weird.

• Like 8

What if we're overthinking things, and the show's name is actually "Old, New, Borrowed, Blue"? tongue.gif

I think Spirit might get a little mad at them, since that was the title of their '06 show?

• Like 5

Something Old ~ Fanfare & Allegro

Something New ~ ?

Something Borrowed ~ Candide or Make Our Garden Grow

Something Blue ~ La Mer

While I'm thinking about La Mer ~

Much love for the bass line . :thumbs-up: I have no idea if any of you guys are here but WOW. I love the whole show but the runs that you guy execute during the opening statement are absolutely beautiful. I LOVE listening to you guys. Well Done! :smile:

Something Old ~ Fanfare & Allegro

Something New ~ ?

Something Borrowed ~ Candide or Make Our Garden Grow

Something Blue ~ La Mer

While I'm thinking about La Mer ~

Much love for the bass line . :thumbs-up: I have no idea if any of you guys are here but WOW. I love the whole show but the runs that you guy execute during the opening statement are absolutely beautiful. I LOVE listening to you guys. Well Done! :smile:

Love that show, doesn't get enough love.

The above is a false statement.

So, logically, how do we know if YOUR statement that the first statement is false, is false? Or true? Two negatives make a positive, right?

Did you ever think of that? :rock:

(actually, I don't care about Vanguards songs, or your assertion of what is true or false. Heck, I don't even care what I think. But I have been waiting all this time for JUST the right moment to use that raised eyebrow emoticon. It's rather dramatic, don't you think?)

Edited by wvu80