Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

Ok, I know "Music of the Night" is a classic and beautiful piece of Vanguard history, but I don't think it would fit well with the other pieces at all and there really is not a place to add it, or is it just me?

I was thinking the same thing..... much as I love the thought of adding it in.

Since hearing about this I have listened to the show many times and feel "Music of the Night" is a perfect addition. It fits with the concept perfectly and even lyrically I feel it fits. My guess of when to add it would be at the end of Mars when the corps is right up to the sideline playing the power chord. Cut off and break into a scatter form to begin "Music of the Night" then build it up to the monstrous company front. I am seeing this show live at least 4 times before the end of the season and I don't think there will be a time that I don't cry. So excited for this to happen.

Okay, now you've made me reconsider. It sure would be amazing if they could make this work...... the fans would go crazy! :worthy:

A change to the ending might possibly happen before San Antonio. Also, last week the corps was passed out new music. :)

A change to the ending might possibly happen before San Antonio. Also, last week the corps was passed out new music. :)

Hopefully tonight at their practice :fingers crossed:

According to Jeff Fiedler on today's Field Pass: "I would be lying if I said the hornline wasn't getting new music on the bus tonight...just something that we are going to do that completely relates to the Vanguard, completely relates to the show and is about who we are and will take it to a new place and more fan appeal for the Vanguard"

Oh, please let it be what we are all hoping for...

YES!!! THE BOTTLE DANCE!!!

l.jpg

• Like 3

I am going to be ensemble rehearsal tonight.

If they play it, I will the have to decide if I should spoil it for you guys, or just wait.

I can vouch that they were learning something, at least that's what I saw when I helped them set up busses last night

Edited by ohwiseone

I am going to be ensemble rehearsal tonight.

If they play it, I will the have to decide if I should soil it for you guys, or just wait.

I can vouch that they were learning something, at least that's what I saw when I helped them set up busses last night

I know this was a typo up there, but I couldn't resist...Please don't soil it.

I can't go to San Antonio, but I am going to Houston. I fear that they will debut whatever they are going to debut after I am seeing them in Houston. If they do something, I hope it happens by Friday night.

I just wanted to pop into this thread and say how much I liked SCV's show in Minneapolis. They, along with the Scouts, Bloo, Boston, and the Govies, were the highlight of the show for me. Thank you SCV for entertaining the crowd!

:thumbup: