Madison Scouts 2012

Hey Boz. What color were the tickets you were selling at your show?

"Gray" ? :shutup:

• Like 2

So here's a new question. I noticed that the bass drums have some sort of print on the heads but could not see them clearly on the FN videos. Can anyone enlighten me as to whats on them?

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 2

So here's a new question. I noticed that the bass drums have some sort of print on the heads but could not see them clearly on the FN videos. Can anyone enlighten me as tho whats on them?

I'm glad you brought that up. I saw the bass drum heads from the first row at the Lisle, IL. Cavies show & I wondered the same thing. Each drum head is painted differently with what looks like American Indian style designs, shapes, & things that appear to be possibly related to nature.

Anyone?

I watched the recording of the Minnesota show and, boy, were the Scouts ENTERTAINING. The crowd went wild and the Scouts received the loudest response from the audience at that show. I don't know (or care) what "dirty" is but I sure know an entertaining show when I see it.

Is there some reason you think they can't be both? "Entertaining" and "Clean" are not mutually exclusive.

And since audience reactions are subjective, I'd just like to throw out that I honestly thought Crown got the best response of the night.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando
  • Like 4

Reframed by artists. The guard are artists. The images on the bass drums is art painted by artists to be framed.

I'm glad you brought that up. I saw the bass drum heads from the first row at the Lisle, IL. Cavies show & I wondered the same thing. Each drum head is painted differently with what looks like American Indian style designs, shapes, & things that appear to be possibly related to nature.

Anyone?

I've been told that the paintings are a representation of a painting of Malaga, Spain, by Picasso. He is from Malaga.

• Like 3

This is a cool show, I'd like to see where it goes for the rest of the season. I hope they'll break their streak of 10th, and move up a bit. I think they're really going in the right direction in terms of design and application. There is still lots of dirt, and a couple of odd transitions, but overall I really like this show. I do love Pictures at an Exhibition though, so that helps :thumbup:

Some people will always be critical of corps and their shows. Just have to let it roll off your shoulders guys. By getting all upset about it, it just fuels the fire, and doesn't always make the fans seem the most tolerant, sadly. I think the Madison fans are a good bunch, and very passionate about their corps. Sometimes we all just need to take a deep breath before posting.

Is there some reason you think they can't be both? "Entertaining" and "Clean" are not mutually exclusive.

And since audience reactions are subjective, I'd just like to throw out that I honestly thought Crown got the best response of the night.

It's OK - you have been wrong before...... :tongue:

• Like 3

I've been watching replays from recent shows like Minneapolis, and I have to say...WOW I love the

new hit in Malaguena with the awesome rifle toss and all the other little cool changes. This show

is getting better and more exciting all the time! Keep up the great work Scouts!!!

• Like 3

WOW....huge move from the Scouts last night. Glad to see the judges are beginning to move them up. With that said, I love the show and it gives me chills....BUT....like some have mentioned, wow is that drill dirty, especially the whole curved lines after the singing section leading into the company front. The brass, drums and guard are amazing. Get that drill cleaned a little more and this show can absolutely compete for a 7, 6..or even 5 spot come finals.

• Like 1