What's with all the hate for BD

You know very well what I meant about "volatile"....get real! Historic photo threads are not a comparison to this thread in any shape or form. And concerning your last remark: My point was proven when I posed the suggestion, which any casual DCP'er knew instantaneously ...wasn't going to happen. But do it if you like, bait away.....what's that comment you said earlier? Oh yeah,"this is very entertaining".

It was entertaining because it wasn't even about the corps anymore....but rather, all these over-reaching explanations why fan sentiment is affected by ABBD (Anything But Boring Design). But goading us into hate-baiting other corps....that's just wrong.

If that's how low you'll sink trying to win this persecution-complex contest, I'd just as soon declare you the winner right now. But that title doesn't go to the Blue Devils. It goes to a few people on a message board.

• Like 1

I visited this thread 30 minutes ago...then went off to youtube...just poking around...and found this:

I do believe there are NO copyright issues...it's an original - and has tens of thousands of views. In my opinion, a great performance - fine playing top to bottom (yay top - wow!).

But the reason I post it here is the comments. If people think hate for BD does not leak out to other places, just read through some of that. Of course, there is the usual 'oh, that's not so great...I could do better' kind of crap. But there is SO MUCH of it...that's what amazes me.

Anyway - go - listen - enjoy. It truly lives up to the word: Awesome.

I watched and listened to that video. Everyone's taste in music can neither be right, nor wrong, and to that extent, there is no right or wrong opinion. Music is an intensely personal thing. So with that caveat and disclaimer, let me express my personal opinion that that BD presentation on that video positively sucked in a monumentally craptastic way. I felt it was 4 some odd wasted minutes that I can not recapture in my life. That said, if people enjoy or appreciate that music, then thats cool too. Like I said, people are entitled to their opinion, and if somebody says that video music sucked bigtime, that is every bit as authentic and as honest as those that wish that video was a half hour longer in length so that they could enjoy even more of it. There is no " hate " for the BD organization, nor the talented performers depicted, for some to state that in their opinion, that music played was worse than listening to the music of a 8 monkeys who were let loose in the school music room one evening, picked up some brass instruments hanging around there, and started to push air into the brass instrument for the first time in unison. Saying this, is not " hate " for the BD. Its expressing "hate" to have to listen to that gawdawful racket of shrill, excruciatingly painful noise, thats all. No more, no less.

Edited by BRASSO

It was entertaining because it wasn't even about the corps anymore....but rather, all these over-reaching explanations why fan sentiment is affected by ABBD (Anything But Boring Design). But goading us into hate-baiting other corps....that's just wrong.

If that's how low you'll sink trying to win this persecution-complex contest, I'd just as soon declare you the winner right now. But that title doesn't go to the Blue Devils. It goes to a few people on a message board.

blink.gif Over-reaching explanations? Hate-baiting? How low you sink? It appears you're out of ideas.....(Anything But Boring Discussion). Later audio...time for a sound check!

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 2

I don't hate BD.

I happen to dislike more than a few of their shows, and sometimes I'm puzzled by this and that caption result. There's some envy in there, too, for their consistency, especially since I'm a homer for a corps that's usually very competitive with them.

Pretty human.

Liar.

I saw you kick a kitten then blame it on BD.

• Like 1

365 replies to this thread (in a relatively short period of time).....other than the BOD discussion, twice as many as the next closest which is also about "guess who"....and dwarfing most other threads. Wonder why? Well, you say we're done....prolly should have been the first post, and saved us a lot of typing.

And seeing that the thread over, you may want to PM me with those metrics you used for that "very much yes" analysis you did there.

no need to pm. it's very evident by reading here, talking to people, watching dvds and cds, and having been there live.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of your theories

• Like 1

...other corps get flack. But not to the extent BD does. When I said I wanted to march Devs, I got SO MUCH flack. In fact maybe only two people among my peers really supported me. Compared to other friends who went and marched Phantom, and when I marched somewhere else last summer, we had the full support of peers. At least with the people I know, Blue Devils definitely aren't exactly a favorite. There definitely is a lot more flack going their way than others, that much seems obvious.

oh puhlease.

until you change your name to the Cadets, NO CORPS gets the flack they do.

• Like 2

Plan....give it up....you're starting to make yourself look bad.

Just accept the fact that SOME people are going to hate/dislike/take umbrage/get irritated by/etc ANY corps that's consistently at the top.

BD gets it, Cadets get it, Cavies get it, Crown will eventually. (Regiment doesn't because - frankly - they're not consistently at the top. The've yo-yoed so much recently I get seasick....good programs, tho)

Just let it go.

• Like 3

oh puhlease.

until you change your name to the Cadets, NO CORPS gets the flack they do.

Completely agree. Three or four of the Cadets shows over the past seven years have received more hate than all the years of BD combined!

Edited by Stu

Noticed that the majority, *not all*, but the majority of people in this thread writing that BD gets the most hate are, or have been, associated with BD; those who have associations with other corps seem to disagree. Maybe the BD people just have thin skin :tongue: Just sayin...

Edited by Stu
  • Like 2

Noticed that the majority, *not all*, but the majority of people in this thread writing that BD gets the most hate are, or have been, associated with BD; those who have associations with other corps seem to disagree. Maybe the BD people just have thin skin :tongue: Just sayin...

I don't hate, it's not me and I'm not associated with BD. After reading DCP for 2 years, posted old photos for 4, rarely with an opinion? I posted 3 replies to this thread. Thanks DCP for making me thick skinned! That's my opinion :)

edit: seems I'm the minority.

Edited by lindap