NEW DCI Board of Directors

5 minutes ago, devsabre said:

Do the math..

Does anything get proved here, what's the point, why are you shocked you started it, what proof are you looking for. Do you work for dci and think I am going to throw insults your way to strike me out? I will foul ball you to death, get over it. Try a new tactic I am game. And your worries here fix dci problems, how?

53 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Jeff some folks get the structure others don't may never will! Just beating your head against a cymbal. Have an idea why doesn't Crown lend Dan their hammer!~~!

it's my job in life to beat facts into those that refuse to listen. it's a curse but someone has to do it

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Does anything get proved here, what's the point, why are you shocked you started it, what proof are you looking for. Do you work for dci and think I am going to throw insults your way to strike me out? I will foul ball you to death, get over it. Try a new tactic I am game. And your worries here fix dci problems, how?

Yes, things get proved, some people have facts.  I dont like BS, happy to call people on it.  No, I dont work for DCI.  Good luck foul balling me.  I've never mentioned fixing DCI. Regardless, I don't need to fix DCI.

Edited by devsabre

15 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I find it very unlikely the DoD would allow the Marine Corps (or the Navy, by extension) to give a dime to DCI on their behalf.  I guess you don't have any proof, no shock there. 

The Marine Corps is a financial corporate sponsor of Music for All. My guess is there is a similar arrangement with DCI but I do not know this for a fact. I do know for a fact they financially contribute to MFA.

44 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Without needing a warrant to purview DoD records and DCI paylist, ask someone associated with Bloo's admin as Bloo listed them as a sponsor for all Bloo's shows this year.  Perhaps the words sponsorship and endorsement have been intermingled? perhaps not? (to use Guardling "logic.") Via Annapolis and USBands, Marine Corps sponsorship sometimes means that they make the phonecall authorizing stadium gates to be opened for other marching units to use the field.

Were Marine Corps also at Michigan City this year or another drum corps show?

Not Michigan City. (Wouldn't have been room for them there anyways.  Yikes it's crowded.)

Mike

8 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

The Marine Corps is a financial corporate sponsor of Music for All. My guess is there is a similar arrangement with DCI but I do not know this for a fact. I do know for a fact they financially contribute to MFA.

Thanks, it is a mute point they have a relationship, it's a healthy one. Somehow they were left off the schedule just pointing out the devil is in the details. Leading up to a bigger picture, perception is a reality, dci can pay more attention in a lot of areas.

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

I may be mistaken but I find it hard to believe that they are following a legal strategy. I am not saying you are wrong. I am saying in similar crisis management situations (not drum corps), unless DCI has some legal culpability, the strategy is to get out ahead of the story so as not to be seen as reactive (ala Pio) or being interpreted as "the organization has something to hide." 

Yes, but then you constantly compare DCI to dissimilar situations.  So far, DCI has been a third party to all these crises. 

The offenders have all been corps staff.  The primary responsibility - or just the ability - to suspend/investigate/fire them belongs to their respective employers, the corps.  Along with that, of course, the employer will most likely be informed of the accusation before a third party like DCI.  Obviously, third parties cannot "get ahead of the story" as well as those directly involved.  

If/when a DCI employee is ever accused of similar wrongdoings, then maybe you can compare apples to apples.

23 minutes ago, devsabre said:

Yes, things get proved, some people have facts.  I dont like BS, happy to call people on it.  No, I dont work for DCI.  Good luck foul balling me.  I've never mentioned fixing DCI. Regardless, I don't need to fix DCI.

Then don't act like you work for dci, If you read other posts that support the facts about what was being discussed about the Military. You would be able to tell facts from fiction, in this case, you overreacted and was wrong. No big deal now put your enthusiasm to help fix things that are broke. 

Edited by Bluzes

41 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

TOB had a huge banner there and Allentown...payment $0. you advertise us we'll advertise you

TOB is a "strategic partner" of DCI, according to DCI.org.  The Marines D&BC, in contrast, is listed as a DCI "corporate partner".

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

someone needs to step up

• Haha 1