Kitchenman Fired

skeptic

I don't know any of the players here, but I think this statement speaks volumes about how difficult it is to develop and grow a DCA corps at any level. Even with the backing of an existing infrastructure, this activity is challenging.

I think you are correct. My guess is they thought that by slapping the Cadet name on this corps that it would be an easy venture.

My honest opinion is that it is too expensive for a weekend only program, But hey, What do I know? :smile:

Jay

How expensive is it?

I've heard $1400, but don't quote me on that

I've heard $1400, but don't quote me on that

That's correct from their website by adding all the fees. I would think that would make it one of the most expensive DCA corps.

They probably dont have the #'s they were expecting!

Edited by tnmaiello
  • Like 6

The ! and the :thumbup: in your post seem to indicate that if that is indeed the issue, you're happy that the corps doesn't have the numbers they were expecting. Regardless of the wisdom of the staff change and Hopkins' stated reasons for it, how is it a good thing that ANY corps doesn't get the numbers they wanted? Especially coming from the director of another corps? Should we happy if your corps wants to put 40 horns on the field and only can recruit 20?

• Like 5

I knew I should never post on DCP EVER! People are always looking to argue.

Ask Bush, Cabs, Fusion, Spirit of Newark who was there to lend a hand when they asked. This is my last post.

Edited by tnmaiello
  • Like 3

I knew I should never post on DCP EVER! People are always looking to argue.

Ask Bush, Cabs, Fusion, Spirit of Newark who was there to lend a hand when they asked. This is my last post.

I don't see where you did anything wrong Tom. I see it that you stated a probable truth, and didn't post anything that in any way was attacking the Cadets2 or gloating. Unfortunately, some people, no matter what corps, will always have a super thin skin.

Please continue posting on DCP, as my sig hints at, don't let a few people affect your participation. If it weren't for idiots, who would we have to make fun of?

• Like 2

DCPD does not stand for DC Police Department, it's drum corps planet drama!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks!

Does anyone really think YEA started C2 for the betterment of the activity? Would it not be better for the activity in all the DCI, DCA and alumni corps in our region worked together to promote the activity to new members & fans as a whole? Instead we fight for the same small recruiting pool, our fan base is only ex drum corps people! If we all worked together to bring in more new members and filled the current corps, then there would be a need for more corps. If we did that there would be new fans buying tickets to all our shows....and the bottom line is $$$!

I am not saying I have all the answers but we keep doing things the same way every year and the activity is NOT growing.

Just my opinion. :thumbup:

Tommy

• Like 9