Kitchenman Fired

skeptic

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=20438&news_iv_ctrl=2261

So what does this mean?

Sounds like they are not where they were expecting to be at this point of the year.

Its not DCI, Hoppy.

bold statement. Usually he words changes like this more delicately.

bold statement. Usually he words changes like this more delicately.

No he doesn't. George has a history of terribly written 'press releases' after he fires someone, or someone quits. I've been saying for years YEA needs to hire a communications director that vets every single thing that comes out of YEA and that includes blogs, Facebook, etc. A major part of the bad rap George and YEA have comes from just this sort of thing.

Why he sacked Eric doesn't matter, right or not. You simply don't release a 'news item' like that. If I was a Cadets2 parent, I'd be asking for more details today before I'd let my kid go back. Word that statement more professionally, and it's barely a blip on anyone's radar.

• Like 4

A young Eric Kitchenmen taught me in his first corps staff position- and he's basically not intense enough according to this release? Really? I know we all mellow out as we age, but if there was anyone I can think of who could get the job done if I had an all-age corps that i wanted to be very, very, good, I can think of few people who might be able to do it as well as he could.

Maybe he wasn't raising and begging for enough $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to satisfy the 'management'. That's my guess on the situation here. Tom Moore, if you're reading this thread, Don;t let Hop hire you to do professional press releases, please. :thumbup:

Wow...not sure of the details, but what I know of Eric, he was amazing with North Penn High School...One I always looked up to (even though he probably wouldn't know me (by name) if he fell over me... :-)) as an instuctor, judge and competitor. Best of luck Eric..and Best of Luck to Cadets2 on their search for a new director.

No he doesn't. George has a history of terribly written 'press releases' after he fires someone, or someone quits. I've been saying for years YEA needs to hire a communications director that vets every single thing that comes out of YEA and that includes blogs, Facebook, etc. A major part of the bad rap George and YEA have comes from just this sort of thing.

Why he sacked Eric doesn't matter, right or not. You simply don't release a 'news item' like that. If I was a Cadets2 parent, I'd be asking for more details today before I'd let my kid go back. Word that statement more professionally, and it's barely a blip on anyone's radar.

Don't forget "Help Wanted" notices after people leave. Still remember the release two or so years back for a new staff member that included a general bash on why some people leave. Didn't say that's why the previous person left but you don't include a personal rant in a business release. IMO, makes Cadets/YEA look very unprofessional in an age where any bad press or info is not missed (should we thank All Gore :tongue: ).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Don't forget "Help Wanted" notices after people leave. Still remember the release two or so years back for a new staff member that included a general bash on why some people leave. Didn't say that's why the previous person left but you don't include a personal rant in a business release. IMO, makes Cadets/YEA look very unprofessional in an age where any bad press or info is not missed (should we thank All Gore :tongue: ).

I remember that. Know the girl too...sweetheart. Shame his rant had nothing to do with the reality of the situation

not sure what happened here but i marched with reading a few years with eric leading the visual program and i always respected him and i think everyone did when he was speaking..best of luck to Eric with whatever comes next

I don't know any of the players here, but I think this statement speaks volumes about how difficult it is to develop and grow a DCA corps at any level. Even with the backing of an existing infrastructure, this activity is challenging.