DCI Summer Tour

Just checked out the summer schedule of shows, and trying to plan out our summer calendar.

I noticed it doesn't look like they are doing the Bloomington Normal show again this year. This is really disappointing, as I love that stadium, and the reaction from the BOA students to the drum corps is always great to see. I would say that is probably one of the loudest audiences of any of the non regional shows.

I also don't notice the Davenport IA show that we had gone to last year. Anyone know if that one is still going to happen? It also seems like 1 or 2 of the Chicago area shows aren't listed.

Any new cities/towns hosting shows for the first time this year? Any towns hosting a show that haven't had a show in awhile?

I can't wait for June. Good luck to all the corps for a safe and exciting tour this summer.

Not sure how long its been gone, but the Buffalo show is back ( I hope). There's a line-up but no venue listed yet. If it happens it looks like a great show!

There hasn't been a show in Bloomington/Normal for two years now. BOA moved their summer symposium to Muncie, IN so it's still and event with tons of HS students in attendance.

Wow, I guess I missed that. I knew last year they didn't have a show in Normal, but hadn't realized it had been moved. I really like the stadium in Normal. We always loved rehearsals in the stadium, and the way the vendors were set up. Only negative there was the short time before the show that stadium doors opened. One year we were souvie shopping, and when the gates opened, the line was so long, that we didn't get into the stadium in time to see Pioneer. We were very disappointed that year, and did call DCI to comment on the situation. Too bad they couldnt' have a show in Muncie and in Normal.

This summer will be the 2nd year of a return to Whitewater.

Thank you Madison!

• Like 2

Just checked out the summer schedule of shows, and trying to plan out our summer calendar.

I noticed it doesn't look like they are doing the Bloomington Normal show again this year. This is really disappointing, as I love that stadium, and the reaction from the BOA students to the drum corps is always great to see. I would say that is probably one of the loudest audiences of any of the non regional shows.

I also don't notice the Davenport IA show that we had gone to last year. Anyone know if that one is still going to happen? It also seems like 1 or 2 of the Chicago area shows aren't listed.

Any new cities/towns hosting shows for the first time this year? Any towns hosting a show that haven't had a show in awhile?

I can't wait for June. Good luck to all the corps for a safe and exciting tour this summer.

There IS a show in Central Illinois!!! Ever since the BOA Symposium left ISU in Bloomington Normal, Metamora High School has hosted a show. This year's show is July 11. It's a great facility - - new bleachers with accessible seating, and the best pork chops you'll ever eat!

Metamora is near Peoria, about 45 minutes west of Bloomington Normal, and about 2 hours southwest of Chicago.

http://rivercityrhapsody.com/metamora

Edited by Fan Mom
  • Like 1

We finally got a show in the Austin area during the Texas swing of DCI! Last year was the first year we'd had a DCI show here in a long time (ToC show, early in the season - June). Can't wait!!!

• Like 1

Lebanon, IL is hosting their DCI St. Louis show for the second time this year. Last year this show was so crowded that not only was the front stands completely full, but the hill on the one side of the main stands was completely full of people sitting on blankets, lawn chairs, etc.

http://www.dci.org/schedule/detail.cfm?event=bdd27fb8-fd8b-4ff4-94fa-1d25705a854a