DCA Accepting Bids For 2014, 2015 World Championships

Buffalo...

UB?,........Any other like facilities in Buffalo?

Bills Stadium is way to big,.......

Ton of schools/fields all around the area, that's for sure,.............. great airport, a lot of hotels,.............Amtrak,.......

I love Buffalo!

Edited by Gary Matczak
  • Like 1

I know the soccer stadium south of Philly ( aka Chester area) is natural grass. If it's going to be wet, fake turf is usually the way to go

And of course, Chester is such a beautiful city. :blink:

well, it's to the north end of Chester, almost at the Philly airport...it sits right next to the Commodore Barry Bridge off of 95.

but it's real grass

IIRC they're ranked #2...... in most unsafe cities in the US....

Ratings came out last week or so:

#1 East St Louis (anyone remember "Vacation" movie when the Griswolds got lost in the hood).

#20 Harrisburg, PA.... OY!

Ratings came out last week or so:

#1 East St Louis (anyone remember "Vacation" movie when the Griswolds got lost in the hood).

I was in SL for a convention,..............they had riverboat gambling, but you had to go over to East St. Louis (different State) to get on the boat,................

wow, that place was scary,.....................

I was in SL for a convention,..............they had riverboat gambling, but you had to go over to East St. Louis (different State) to get on the boat,................

wow, that place was scary,.....................

Favorite line from the "Vacation" movie is Chevy driving the huge white bread station wagon with stuff on the roof thru the slums of East St Louis and asks a resident for directions:

"Excuse me.... we're not from around here."

"No ####!"

Then he gives Chevy directions while his buddies steal the hubcaps....

It's going to be Rochester. Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise.

I hope not. Don't get me wrong, Rochester was a great host for many years. But I have to imagine there are other venues equal, if not better suited for Championship Weekend. Moreover, given the growth the circuit has sustained over the last five years, specifically with corps NOT located in the North East, it would be best to find a venue in a more central location.

Maybe in the Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana area?

I hope not. Don't get me wrong, Rochester was a great host for many years. But I have to imagine there are other venues equal, if not better suited for Championship Weekend. Moreover, given the growth the circuit has sustained over the last five years, specifically with corps NOT located in the North East, it would be best to find a venue in a more central location.

Maybe in the Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana area?

I actually love Rochester, but do believe finals could/should be somewhere else...........tho speaking in generalities doesn't really get anywhere...........we could/should discuss and examine specific cities