DCA Accepting Bids For 2014, 2015 World Championships

The airport is 15 miles south of the stadium. There are nearly two hundred hotels between the airport and the stadium that would likely see any surge in travelers before a hotel in lets say Passaic county would.

Also, I can't image any business, including the one I run, turning away any kind of opportunity like that. Regardless of who gives it to you, money is still green. I'm sure somebody can correct me if I am wrong, but why would a hotel turn away an opportunity to sell out all their rooms for a three night event just to try and sell out all their rooms to the general public.

It's black and white- the more rooms that are occupied, the more money a hotel makes....

Really, what are debating anyway? The list price of those hotel rooms near the Stadium are still cheaper than the Crown Plaza and the Radisson in Rochester for that weekend, negotiating power aside.

it's a holiday weekend in a major metro market. Odds are room deals would not be as favorable as they would be elsewhere.

Hell, look at hotel prices for Indy DCI week. Indy isn't that great, and when pricing hotels out there for non DCA week, I could have gotten better rooms cheaper.

But a stadium that size right now is not a good option for DCA. Hell DCI can't even get 20k in Indy

Edited by Jeff Ream

There are GREAT restaurants in the area...its a stone throw from Ferry St in Newark where those great Portugese restaurants are located! MMMMMmmmm.

The garlic shrimp. 'Nuff said. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hey New Jersey area Corps, how about Red Bull Stadium, Harrison, New Jersey!!!!

Edited by Skybari4life

Hey New Jersey area Corps, how about Red Bull Stadium, Harrison, New Jersey!!!!

That was Sayre Kulp's suggestion a couple of pages ago! :smile:

There have been a few posts discussing the area, including me.

By the way...coincidence that your name is Frank Rogers, since the stadium is along Frank E. Rogers Blvd South! :thumbup:

That was Sayre Kulp's suggestion a couple of pages ago! :smile:

There have been a few posts discussing the area, including me.

Free cans of Red Bull could be given to the fans attending.

Result: Most fired-up drum corps crowd ever!!! :tongue:

Had two great dinners at the Sol Mar Restaurant...also a fave of our gov Chris Christie.

From the photos I've seen, Mike, pretty much *any* restaurant is Christie's favorite.

I know the soccer stadium south of Philly ( aka Chester area) is natural grass. If it's going to be wet, fake turf is usually the way to go

From the photos I've seen, Mike, pretty much *any* restaurant is Christie's favorite.

Now, now ... this from a person with a self-proclaimed 32" thigh ...

Andy "I'm twice the man I used to be" Lisko