DCA Accepting Bids For 2014, 2015 World Championships

and your shortest drive to work the show!

My first-ever "commuter DCA." LOL

Camp Randall, another huge football school Labor Day weekend....we do not bring enough into the economy by comparison to Game Day.

Whitewater. Umm what connection to DCA is there? It's a legitimate question.

Just puttin' in my wish list sweetie! :smile:

• 5 months later...

I remember almost 10 years ago that a corps wanted to come to Orlando for a show and when the members heard about it, they said "NO!" They didn't want to pay the extra money and they didn't want to take off more work. How do members of Renegades, MBI and Kilts do it?

Simple....We KNEW when we joined that part of what we were signing up for was a trip to the East coast. We didn't join an event that was ONLY west coast and then suddenly had it changed on us a few years into the game.

And in all honesty, there are TWO reasons I don't march Renegades any more:

1. I don't like my ENTIRE spring and summer being nothing BUT drum corps ( I have other interests outside of corps),

2. I can no longer afford the airfare, hotel, and transportation for DCA ON TOP OF my corps dues as well.

Annapolis will submit a bid for 2014 and 2015.

Navy is scheduled to play a home game vs. Ohio State on that Saturday in 2014, but I would bet my house on that game being played at either Ravens Stadium or Fedex Field. The 2015 football schedule isn't available yet.

Jeff

I hope so Jeff...we loved Annapolis, and would most defintely go each year Championships were held there. We brought two DCA "virgins" with us this year...the initial draw for them was the location...they are now hooked and have expressed interest in returning next year. I definitely like the weekend in Annapolis over Rochester.

• Like 1

It's built into the assumption of the commitment to the corps.

A lot has been said about the "regions building their own." Well, what about having some of the NE corps committing to building the DCA activity nationally??? The non-NE corps are certainly doing their part. They commit to one or two trips "out east" or "up north." Where is the reciprocity? Where is the commitment on their part to help build the All-Age activity on a national level?

The only NE corps I have ever seen outside of their traditional stomping grounds have been Empire and the Cabs. So how about it?

Why would they want to build it on a national level? Right now, the northeast corps have the championships, and they have the fan base to support it....WITHOUT supporting it at a national level. They don't have to go anywhere to see it in their own back yard. IF it's built up on a national level, they risk having to go somwhere else, which costs them money. Or just not going, which means losing out on the activity they love.

As for reciprocity, the non NE corps invited themselves a long established party already in progress. It's ridiculous for them to say, "well, now that WE are here, let's move the party closer to us."

• Like 2

if Annapolis does submit another bid, and I hope they do, I hope they and DCA partner up with local band circuits to help spread the word.

Do the West Coast all-agers appear at the BD and SCV shows? Don't know. Ignorance is not bliss, it's frustrating.

K

Yes... and they go on first... when the stands are empty. It's been my experience that the line up GENERALLY (unless it's a show hosted by an all age corps)

1. All age corps

2. Blue Devils C

3. The "B" corps (not sure what they are calling them these days...A class?)

4. The big boys - SCV, BD, etc

I vote for the Bay area here in Cali.

Plenty of hotels

Lots of schools for rehearsal facilities

Great Vacation spot (San Francisco, Wine Country, great beaches)

---Amazing Weather---

Some great venues (Stanford, new 49ers stadium?)

and there's a huge drum corps scene here on the west coast. Yeah the only DCA corps are us and Dream. But this would be a great opportunity to expand DCA in the western region.

Did something happen to Frontier? (I've been out of DCA for a while now)

And whatever happened with "Drum Corps United"?