DCA Accepting Bids For 2014, 2015 World Championships

Ream, you must be dipping into our barrel again, and perhaps the ladle has not dissolved yet. I would own your house. or part of it , if you hadn't been rescued by Fran and JK . Not a bad idea to play OSU in front of 80,000 instead of 40,000, which is still more than DCA will bring to town. Who knows, maybe during DCA weekend in the future, they will be playing Pomona State and might be willing to move to a HS stadium. You know I'm kidding.

I see a pattern...6 years in Rochester, 6 years in Annapolis....

By the end of that period we might be colonizing the Moon. So if someone submits a bid... :tongue:

Get out your Space Suit. You're headed for Mir.

K

Ream, you must be dipping into our barrel again, and perhaps the ladle has not dissolved yet. I would own your house. or part of it , if you hadn't been rescued by Fran and JK . Not a bad idea to play OSU in front of 80,000 instead of 40,000, which is still more than DCA will bring to town. Who knows, maybe during DCA weekend in the future, they will be playing Pomona State and might be willing to move to a HS stadium. You know I'm kidding.

um.....ok

:shutup:

By the end of that period we might be colonizing the Moon. So if someone submits a bid... :tongue:

Mein Gott, Fran!! I can't wait to see the pattern on your space suit. Sort of like a Hawaiian Michelin Man....

It really doesn't matter, so long as you're there to bring George Hayek to the audience's attention - because he WILL be there.

Mein Gott, Fran!! I can't wait to see the pattern on your space suit. Sort of like a Hawaiian Michelin Man....

It really doesn't matter, so long as you're there to bring George Hayek to the audience's attention - because he WILL be there.

I'm convinced that a worldwide nuclear war could break out... and the only survivor would be George. :tongue:

It occurred to me recently that this 2012 season will be my 30th anniversary season as a drum corps announcer.

What that has to do with this thread... well... it has nothing to do with it.

So carry on. :lol:

and your shortest drive to work the show!

congrats on 30!!

It occurred to me recently that this 2012 season will be my 30th anniversary season as a drum corps announcer.

What that has to do with this thread... well... it has nothing to do with it.

So carry on. :lol:

Congratulations Fran!! And I hope you'll have thirty more.

Several pages ago Donny Allen said "Buffalo."

DCI has success there with great attendance. I would guess that if DCA were to hold the championships at UB (University at Buffalo) that this would be a huge win for all. It keeps the Championships in the Northeast but moves it more out west. The Buffalo airport is big, the hotels in the Western NY area are plentiful and there are many rehearsal sites that DCI has used. The fact that the airport is large enough can accomodate those coming from the West Coast, Mid West and South. You may even get cheaper deals flying into Niagara Falls International airport (NOT Direct Air though).

I think there may even be a connection with UB there already as well as the support from the UB Marching Band. There are also a ton of drum corps alumni still in the area that would definitely support the event. The stadium itself is more than large enough to hold the competition and may be the largest one yet (guessing). Just an idea.