DCA Accepting Bids For 2014, 2015 World Championships

The problem with that stadium is not necessarily the stadium, but what Jeff alluded to:

Beautiful Downtown Chester. :spitting:

That area is a horror show.

THAT would be cool!!! College town... great part of the country... and so forth.

Chester makes the neighborhood around Paetec look officially renovated and cleaned up

Chester makes the neighborhood around Paetec look officially renovated and cleaned up

That's why I looked at the pic twice to make sure we were talking Chester, PA.

When some in laws lived in West Chester and drove us around they made a comment about "never EVER taking the Chester exit" off what ever the Hades highway we were on. Then we went to South Street Philly and heard and saw #### I never want to experience again. (But they thought that area was great.... :shutup: )

Well as long as I'm out here in Dallas Fort Worth for work I'd like to suggest Arlington TX - Cowboy Stadium. By DCI week we were barely above 100 degrees out here - perfect drum corps weather.

That's why I looked at the pic twice to make sure we were talking Chester, PA.

When some in laws lived in West Chester and drove us around they made a comment about "never EVER taking the Chester exit" off what ever the Hades highway we were on. Then we went to South Street Philly and heard and saw #### I never want to experience again. (But they thought that area was great.... :shutup: )

the stadium is right were 322 meets 95 at the Commodore Barry Bridge. basically it's on land that didn't get used for anything, right along the river.

most of the hotels are up by the airport, so that won't be cheap, but the biggest problem I think would be rehearsal facilities. people may have to schlep all the way up to Bucks or Montgomery Counties, which means dealing with 476, the blue route, which can be traffic hell because eventually it meets the Surekill....err Schuylkill Expressway. Or worse, people may get sent out rt1 or 30 to Lancaster schools. Face it, Coatesville may sound attrative, until you realize their recent urban renewal project came about due to an arsonist torching several homes the other year

Well as long as I'm out here in Dallas Fort Worth for work I'd like to suggest Arlington TX - Cowboy Stadium. By DCI week we were barely above 100 degrees out here - perfect drum corps weather.

let me know what jerry world charges

let me know what jerry world charges

Culture shock is turning on the radio in the car and hearing Jerry Jones talk about "the boys"... brutal - worse yet I couldn't get the Pats' game on TV - had to listen to it on my computer while working around the house Sunday. Feel like I'm on Mars with Curiosity!

the stadium is right were 322 meets 95 at the Commodore Barry Bridge. basically it's on land that didn't get used for anything, right along the river.

most of the hotels are up by the airport, so that won't be cheap, but the biggest problem I think would be rehearsal facilities. people may have to schlep all the way up to Bucks or Montgomery Counties, which means dealing with 476, the blue route, which can be traffic hell because eventually it meets the Surekill....err Schuylkill Expressway. Or worse, people may get sent out rt1 or 30 to Lancaster schools. Face it, Coatesville may sound attrative, until you realize their recent urban renewal project came about due to an arsonist torching several homes the other year

Everytime I went to that airport it was a comedy of terrors..... From the van driver who asked who knew a good way around AM rush hour (#### near missed the flight anyway) to coming in from from Puerto Rico and having two cops arrest the guy who came off the plane right ahead of me. One grabbed one arm... other grabbed the other... and 'bout walked the guy right into a wall..... Could see him look around and then sigh and look down (body languauge... I'm ####ed).

Friday night Mini and I&E traffic.... :sad:

Lot of unused land near the Shipyards.... nothing grows there either... :shutup:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

or Youngstown State University, Youngstown, Ohio.

Tons of Hotels, schools, restuarants, etc. in the area,.............

Youngstown State

hmmm.... I'm not telling tales out of school.... Youngstown was very close to a successful bid when they discovered that they do NOT have sufficient hotel rooms to handle the show... they withdrew... the stadium is WONDERFUL... oh well...

most of the hotels are up by the airport, so that won't be cheap, but the biggest problem I think would be rehearsal facilities. people may have to schlep all the way up to Bucks or Montgomery Counties, which means dealing with 476, the blue route, which can be traffic hell because eventually it meets the Surekill....err Schuylkill Expressway.

I got stuck on that last month when I stayed in West Chester for the Allentown show. And I thought Chicago rush hour traffic was a nightmare :wall: