DCA Accepting Bids For 2014, 2015 World Championships

I got stuck on that last month when I stayed in West Chester for the Allentown show. And I thought Chicago rush hour traffic was a nightmare :wall:

exactly.

lemme put the Philly region to you this way:

I love the Phils and Flyers. A lot.

But I hate going to the games because traffic sucks. horribly. any route

• Like 1

let me know what jerry world charges

:ph34r:

I can't immediately tell you what parking is - but I DO KNOW that at the OLD Texas Stadium, I saw signs there a couple of years ago showing $75 to park for games..Now I CAN'T believe they charge that much for 'other events' but I saw a boatload of cars there Thanksgiving weekend for a couple of HS games they held there which included Permian HS...(the Friday Night Lights school) We ran into a bunch of their fans at Dave & Buster's

Friday night.LOL

I wouldn't be surprized if JerryWorld charges a "C" note for Cowboys games... :thumbdown:

Pat

If I was Richard Branson or Bill Gates I would pay for you all to come and have the finals over here!

We've got many great stadiums if there was no budget ;)

• Like 2

The problem with that stadium is not necessarily the stadium, but what Jeff alluded to:

Beautiful Downtown Chester. :spitting:

That area is a horror show.

THAT would be cool!!! College town... great part of the country... and so forth.

An hour and a half from my driveway!* My God, I would be thrilled. One tank of gas for the entire weekend.

* Re: Columbus Ohio,Crew stadium

Edited by hairbear

Here's a purely self serving, not to be taken seriously, unrealistic suggestion...

Come on down to Atlanta!

Choice of Georgia Dome, Georgia Tech, UGA or even a Cobb County high school, McEachern that could accomodate. All turf fields.

Flying into Atlanta would be as cheap as you could find. (Delta hub, Southwest/Airtran hub)

Plenty of suitable rehearsal sites within reasonable distance.

More hotel rooms than you can shake a stick at.

Every possible cuisine you could imagine.

Worked for DCI in '84 as well as the super regional each year...

What could go wrong other than the traffic and the travel...

OK...nevermind.

Dan

• Like 3

I got stuck on that last month when I stayed in West Chester for the Allentown show. And I thought Chicago rush hour traffic was a nightmare :wall:

476N from 95 to the Mid-County tolls (where it runs into the PA Turnpike and become the Northeast Ext) is AWFUL. Often that entire length will be backed up during rush hour. ESPECIALLY 95 to US1 or PA3.

It's better than 76 though. It wouldn't have been a problem if these highways were 6 lanes to begin with, or if you could actually get somewhere with SEPTA....

Wish I would have known you were in West Chester!

But yeah, DCA in Chester would be awful. You step away from the Stadium and you are not in a good area. Not to mention Marcus Hook being right next door... The stadium is safe, but the only other place safe is driving through Chester up 291 to Harrah's.... which is next door to a state prison.... lol.

Chester is not an option. Although there are plenty of places in south jersey for corps to stay, and traffic is not bad at all across the river. Best hotels are probably closer to Philly.... not many in South Jersey.

exactly.

lemme put the Philly region to you this way:

I love the Phils and Flyers. A lot.

But I hate going to the games because traffic sucks. horribly. any route

Ya know - I hope this doesn't stir up any old old old threads but I've always had an affinity for Franklin Field in Philadelphia - for reasons more than winning a DCA title there (when I was still in my 20s - sigh). Even for band shows I judged there it was a very hip venue.

I know Philly takes a lot of crap and I imagine some of it is valid, but I thought that was a great venue for DCA - at least back in that particular day.

Just sayin'

• Like 1

Ya know - I hope this doesn't stir up any old old old threads but I've always had an affinity for Franklin Field in Philadelphia - for reasons more than winning a DCA title there (when I was still in my 20s - sigh). Even for band shows I judged there it was a very hip venue.

I know Philly takes a lot of crap and I imagine some of it is valid, but I thought that was a great venue for DCA - at least back in that particular day.

Just sayin'

the stadium itself...cool.

parking and warmups...not so cool....and of course the Surekill right next door

• Like 1

Just sayin'

The field is great, but the area is very tight for corps bus/equipment parking and warmup facilities.

USSBA had champs there in 2000, and it was not a very convenient venue, though the field itself is fine. Basically the kids were dropped of and the busses just disappeared until the end...same with our single equipment truck...I can't imagine how a modern corps rolling stock setup would manage in that area.