What are some of the Major Things Crown Needs to do to take the 2012 W

They probably would have in '09 if Blue Devils hadn't been on a whole different level than the rest of DCI. That was only show they've put out that could win, IMO. If they can come up with something like that again, have great sections all around, fix the visual problems, then they'll have a chance.

One could say, a third chance...

• Like 3

Major things Crown needs to do to win the DCI Championship in 2012:

<list>

1. Score higher than the other 11 corps on Finals night.

</list>

IMO Crown already performs at a high enough level to win. They just need to hit the mark design-wise with the judges.

• Like 1

<They have to have THE show.>

Everyone else has nailed it - and the quote sums up my view...though I'm just a fan, and not any kind of staff type person.

Last year's Cadets show was the one that leapt off the field as the most creative and engaging work of art among the top 4 or so. I was a big fan of Crown's show last year...but there were draggy moments...and I don't mean tempo problems. I felt every top 4 show but Cadets had those moments where it seemed the designers were doing musical/visual/guard version of scatter drill.

• Like 2

I've enjoyed Crown over the years and have been impressed by their steady progress. 2009 was their highest DCI placement, but unlike famous runners up, (78 and 79 Phantom, 80's 27th, 92's famous or perhaps infamous 2nd place for Star), they did not beat the champions (Blue Devils) earlier in the season, so they were not "robbed" so to speak. Second place was due to an extraordinary effort and three wonderful shows, but it wasn't Crown's year, yet. In 2011, the show came together in ways previous shows had not, even if their placement was lower.

Crown has shown it can compete with the big boys. I would think that if this year's show has the strengths of last year, the percussion is more competitive, 2012 could be their year, but the show has to have it all. I hope it does--it's time for some variety in the winner's circle.

Edited by Tim K

I've enjoyed Crown over the years and have been impressed by their steady progress. 2009 was their highest DCI placement, but unlike famous runners up, (78 and 79 Phantom, 80's 27th, 92's famous or perhaps infamous 2nd place for Star), it wasn't Crown's year, yet. In 2011, the show came together in ways previous shows had not, even if their placement was lower.

Crown has shown it can compete with the big boys. They have yet to beat the Blue Devils, but they have topped Cavies and Cadets. I would think that if this year's show has the strengths of last year, the percussion is more competitive, 2012 could be their year, but the show has to have it all.

http://www.dci.org/scores/index.cfm?event=2a277ad5-133f-46c5-a1b7-791cfb11dab3

• Like 1

Drum a little better + a bit of the X factor....

If their percussion were as good as their brass then they'd be close.... d*mn close!

A show with the X factor would help, a Machine, a Spartacus, an Angels & Demons etc. A show that gets the crowd AND the judges on their side...

yep

Drums need to be p*#$ clean.

Show needs to be capable of winning.

I don't see it happening this year.

From what I've seen and heard of the show, this could be the year. Great music!

They seem to be heading a completely new direction with their show this year. The new direction is one that seems to jive well with judges in other corps so it will be interesting to see how well they click with the panels.

They seem to be heading a completely new direction with their show this year. The new direction is one that seems to jive well with judges in other corps so it will be interesting to see how well they click with the panels.

I hope you are wrong about their new direction. If crown thinks that they need to copy what other higher placing corps do because it "jives" with what the judges wanted and liked from other corps then crown has no hope!

There isn't anything wrong with crowns direction. They need to stay themselves and do things there way always. Cadets and Cavies have maintained their direction inspite of hit or miss shows.