Are guards too good?

As long as they have a weapon on the field I'm happy.. And PR using 20 sabers for opener was Outstanding.

But if they went rifle saber flag.. of course it would be ok

I have a difficult time seeing sabres on the field at all. I wouldn't be upset if guards only used rifles and flags but that's just me.

• Like 1

I have a difficult time seeing sabres on the field at all. I wouldn't be upset if guards only used rifles and flags but that's just me.

I agree with this, I often have a hard time figuring out what's going on with sabres.

• Like 2

I agree with this, I often have a hard time figuring out what's going on with sabres.

It's not that I disagree with the use of sabres because I don't - I just can't really actually see them when the guard members spin and toss them. I don't think they really add to the visual impact.

• Like 1

It's not that I disagree with the use of sabres because I don't - I just can't really actually see them when the guard members spin and toss them. I don't think they really add to the visual impact.

I used to argue with you on this until I aged out and we started going to shows together. Unless you're in the front few rows the sabres get totally lost to the audience. I think maybe they should be used for indoor exclusively?

• Like 1

I used to argue with you on this until I aged out and we started going to shows together. Unless you're in the front few rows the sabres get totally lost to the audience. I think maybe they should be used for indoor exclusively?

Many corps stopped using sabres in the late 70's. Maneuvering sabres required talent, but the visual was lost in a daytime show or an evening show prior to dusk. Sabres could be fun to watch, especially if one was tossed too high and got caught in the wind. You never knew where it would land. Many close calls!!!

Many corps stopped using sabres in the late 70's. Maneuvering sabres required talent, but the visual was lost in a daytime show or an evening show prior to dusk. Sabres could be fun to watch, especially if one was tossed too high and got caught in the wind. You never knew where it would land. Many close calls!!!

a sabre cuts through the wind...much easier than a rifle when it comes to windy shows

Colorguard: A Rifle and a Saber guard the Flag

These weapons are still used today.

I wish Cadets 83 and or BD 88, SCV 89 would have included weapons. I think guards are all back on track once again.

There is no longer an american flag in the end zone to guard.