If you could resurrect any corps...

A friend and I were having a conversation about what we would do if we won that lottery from a few years ago and I thought, how cool would it be to start a corps in the same way that Bill Cook did with Star in the mid-80s. I got to thinking more about the subject and rather than start another corps, wouldn't it be better to resurrect an inactive corps that already has a rich history in the activty? VK comes to mind, as well as a few others. I know there were plenty of people that were super hyped when VK came back onto the scene a few years ago, keeping with a lot of their former tradition, I'd say they made their alumni proud.

Assuming that you have a nearly infinite amount of money, could keep membership costs ridiculously low and buy your equipment and uniforms outright, which corps would you pick? How would you do it? New uniforms and a new name or bring back the old unis/old name(assuming you can, legally, after you pay of whatever debts they may have had). Would you go as far to build a rehearsal facility similar to the one Star of Indiana had during their active years?

So, Who would you bring back to their former glory?

(Is it June yet?)

isn't VK already back?

I'd say Star or 27...close third Bayonne

does moving Xmen back to PA count?

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 2

Santa Clara Vanguard.

Coffee all over the screen

• Like 1

27th Lancers

and a close second...Hawthorne Muchachos

• Like 2

Velvet Knights full strength

Bridgemen

Acadmie Musicale

Bridgemen

27th Lancers

Star of Indiana

all need to come back, very big void

Velvet Knights

Kingsmen

to come back to full strength and finances.

• Like 2

Sky Ryders and Argonne Rebels. It would be fun to see corps come out of small Midwestern heartland towns that no one expects to have a corps.

By that same token, Osage Precisionnaires, who were very close (14th) to making Finals in 1975. And from a different region, the same for Watkins Glen Squires, who were even closer in 13th the same year.

• Like 3

The Avant Garde, then with therest of the money I would invent an age reducing machine so I could get a chance to march with them.

This makes me think of that one athlete that bought like 10k lottery tickets a week or so ago - on ESPN that's all they talked about. Which franchises (of course only for the boring 'sports' like basketball, hockey, football, and baseball) you could buy. My first thought - I would buy a drum corps!!

But I'd say Lancers for this one.

I'd put music education back into the Ontario Canada School System ( Fully Funded) And, Bring back Canadian Corps! Oakland Crusaders, Seneca Optimist, North Star, Cardinals, Dutch Boy etc...

• Like 1

"Brind em' Back Alive":

"Going Back Aways":

I'd start with St Catherines of Sienna's Queensmen. Ironlips could easily recreate those terriffic Genero-Sasso arrangements from 1961 & 62. Same with the "Accross the El" Our Lady of Loretto Knights.

The 1966-67 NY Kingsmen had an incredible hornline, and it would great to hear the Bob Bunce charts one more time.

Chicago's DesPlaines Vanguard had THE "Drietzer Sound" and a remake of their 66 through 68 programs would be wonderfull.

Elphaba