Move DCI to Santa Clara!

When the new 49ers stadium is complete, DCI should move from Indy to Santa Clara. The weather will ALWAYS be good, and it's an outdoor stadium ... oh yes .. and people LIKE coming to California! :-)

Not everyone. For many of the corps and their staffs, 07 was a nightmare, with the locals stealing everything that wasn't nailed down (and even some of that), the traffic casuing many hours of lost rest and rehearsal time, and the crowds dull and disinterested for most corps except the west coasters and a few of the top corps.

(ASBESTOS SUIT ON!!)

• Like 3

Let’s see the West Coast corps have traveled to the Mid-West or East for thirty-nine years and I guess you assume they have never had to deal with higher travel costs, traffic, theft or lack of sleep and practice time. California has produced more champions and finalists than any other state. There is a huge untapped fan base. If Drum Corps is ever going to grow, it needs national exposure. Rotating championship week between East, Mid-West and West makes perfect sense.

• Like 9

Not everyone. For many of the corps and their staffs, 07 was a nightmare, with the locals stealing everything that wasn't nailed down (and even some of that), the traffic casuing many hours of lost rest and rehearsal time, and the crowds dull and disinterested for most corps except the west coasters and a few of the top corps.

(ASBESTOS SUIT ON!!)

Like that never happened at champs in the east (Miami 1983, anyone??)

People REALLY need to stop treating DCI going west of Denver like it was some Highway to Hell and take off the rose colored glasses with reference to Eastern sites. EVERY site has it's share of problems.

Champs have been on the West coast ONE TIME in the DCI era....ONCE! Denver had it three times, but that's 1) on the EASTERN side of the Continental Divide, and 2) over 1000 miles FROM the west coast.

Edited by 84BDsop
  • Like 2

I would definitely be up for it, if finals moved from place to place like it use to, but if DCI signed another 10 year contract with any stadium besides in the midwest, you would likey see attendance drop simply because of location. its hard enough to get people to keep going back to indy when most of them live close, but then to ask those people to go to cali to do the same thing every year just wont happen. Id rather see a push for finals to move year to year again.

(ASBESTOS SUIT ON!!)

isn't California where all the tubas are getting stolen?

Both of these points are about southern California, not the bay area.

• Like 2

DCI is invested in Indy.

Also, having Indianapolis in the center-ish of the nation really helps tours. Having east coast corps drive all the way to the coast (I realize some do anyway) but then drive all the way BACK afterwards is a money hog. I think I remember some stories to that effect from '07.

yet West Coast corps do it every year

• Like 2

Like that never happened at champs in the east (Miami 1983, anyone??)

People REALLY need to stop treating DCI going west of Denver like it was some Highway to Hell and take off the rose colored glasses with reference to Eastern sites. EVERY site has it's share of problems.

Champs have been on the West coast ONE TIME in the DCI era....ONCE! Denver had it three times, but that's 1) on the EASTERN side of the Continental Divide, and 2) over 1000 miles FROM the west coast.

illegal use of logic and common sense.

I live in the east and i'd be thrilled to go out there

illegal use of logic and common sense.

I live in the east and i'd be thrilled to go out there

I was absolutely THRILLED that finals in 07 were 20 minutes from home (even though I was working in Thousand Oaks that day and barely made it in time for Glassmen....about an hour drive....the way I drove!!!)