Cadets Offer $1500. in tour credits for mellophone soloist

Maybe this came about because their mellophone section leader, quite possibly the soloist also, quit recently......

oh well that may explain a thing or two

• Like 1

I heard from a birdie that wasn't the only person who quit.

Me too! And that birdie said things aren't pretty.

• Like 1

Maybe this came about because their mellophone section leader, quite possibly the soloist also, quit recently......

What do you mean? That an alumnus is offering a $1500 incentive only because the soloist quit in April?

And if that was the case, why not just say so in the press release as the Cadets usually do? Someone was just lauding the Cadets for their transparency. This would not follow their pattern of behavior.

What do you mean? That an alumnus is offering a $1500 incentive only because the soloist quit in April?

And if that was the case, why not just say so in the press release as the Cadets usually do? Someone was just lauding the Cadets for their transparency. This would not follow their pattern of behavior.

I do not know what prompted the donation from the alumnus.

And

The Cadets are transparent about what they will be bringing to the field during the summers and how the process works. I doubt they want to go around being transparent about the fact that quite a few of their vets quit the corps during the winter. There is a big difference between saying we changed our show and saying we have had multiple vets quit, so there are open spots, so come audition!

So much chucklehead thinking in this thread.

Cadets aren't hiding anything. They never do. Some members couldn't pay their fees. And now they're gone. New members are sought.

Read what they posted nearly two weeks ago. Same as at every corps. The only thing that's remarkable about this is that the Cadets are totally up front about their situation.

Please.

HH

Edited by glory
  • Like 1

Cadets aren't hiding anything. They never do. Some members couldn't pay their fees. And now they're gone. New members are sought.

Read what they posted nearly two weeks ago. Same as at every corps. The only thing that's remarkable about this is that the Cadets are totally up front about their situation.

Please.

HH

Actually IMO they shouldn't advertise reasons why the members left. ####ed if I'd want anyone to know (or guess at) my financial status. DCP'ers might not know the names of the departed but the other members sure do.

Edit: If YEA doesn't want members to post about what goes on "behind closed doors" with the corps, they should do the same with the members. Or for us Gov't types, no "need to know" this information.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Please.

HH

"No baby, it's not you. It's me. That's why I am breaking up with you."

• Like 4

Please.

HH

Harsh...

I'm sure it's a little more complicated than that...

Please.

HH

I couldn't care less about the Cadets seeking out a mellophone soloist in April and offering that soloist a $1500 scholarship. Big deal. But making a public announcement about members being unable to pay their dues? What an incredibly crappy thing to do. There's a reason why other corps aren't totally up front about this sort of thing.

Plenty of other corps, besides the Cadets, are up front about having holes at this time of the year. Just look on Facebook

And there is more going on than just some members not being able to pay dues.

Edited by Mr.Potato.Head
  • Like 4