Carolina Crown 2012

I went to Gardner Webb last night to watch ensemble rehearsal. I really liked what I saw and heard. All the chatter about voice overs is unfounded. They are not using them, and the show doesn't need them. The superhuman narrative comes through loud and clear and does so without being "cheesy". Visually this is the Crown I have always wanted to see. Drill retains the open space and massive field coverage (Fanfare For The Common Man - 5 yard line to 5 yard line) but has a ton of frenetic in close drill segments as well. There are a couple of moves in this show that are going to blow audiences' minds! They have taken the whole body movement thing to a new level. Guard work is very cool! I am not a percussionist, but I can tell it's a Thom Hannum book! Drums cover every inch of the field at one time or another. The battery going out to multiple concert bass drums and timpani for "Fanfare" is neat. Really strong in all captions. This is definitely medal caliber design.

Edited by MPutnam
  • Like 9

oh man....this forum blew-up when pix with the pink plumes surfaced. it was very very very funny.

they are going to wear the Superman Capes- right? :ph34r:

Shhhhhhhhhh we pull them out of the secret pocket in the back of the uniform jacket during the drum solo, right before we reveal Superman standing on the back podium near the end of the show. ROFLMAO :doh:

• Like 4

Sounds like Crown has the championship wrapped up this year. All other corps should just save all the money, time, and effort and just concede the win to Crown. I like Crown and I'm sure they will have a very good corps, however, from reading this thread you would think Crown has a long history of winning championships!

• Like 6

Sounds like Crown has the championship wrapped up this year. All other corps should just save all the money, time, and effort and just concede the win to Crown. I like Crown and I'm sure they will have a very good corps, however, from reading this thread you would think Crown has a long history of winning championships!

While nothing would please me more than for Crown to have their first championship "all wrapped up", I think you're a little off-base here. Please quote the posts where anyone said Crown has is it "wrapped up" as well as all those posts where people have listed Crown's long history of winning championships.blink.gif

Sure we Crown honks are excited about this years show (which most of us haven't seen yet!! ) but I think it might be time for you to return to:

Borg_cube,_2366.jpg

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 5

I don't think anyone has said Crown has anything "wrapped up". I doubt anyone has had the chance to see every viable top 12 contender in Spring training. Even if they had, making a prediction of the season's outcome based on those viewings would be foolish at best. Crown is going to be great. How great in terms of competitive success remains to be seen. I have high hopes...

• Like 3

just a bit of hype, all good fun.

• Like 3