Carolina Crown 2012

Any ideas what Crown's rehearsal schedule looks like for today? I'm thinking about going over to Dublin to watch in the evening.

FWIW they ended ensemble at 10 last night.

Check the Crown FB page -- some (most?) days a pic of the daily schedule shows up there.

Edited by corpsband

I know Phillip Burton (who happens to have a lot of theater experience) decided on cream/egg shell colors for Star '93 for the exact concern you have. He wanted a monochrome uniform, which makes you look taller and slimmer, with cream/egg shell as the color because it doesn't "bleed" or "smear" under the lights like white does. I seem to remember him talking about how good he thought the color of the Cadets' pants worked for them.

that's a cool bit of history.

BTW that think the "Common" uni's will look GREAT under the lights.

Ok thats just awesome!!

But doesn't adding 4 additional concert bass drums and 3 extra sets of tymps make for a whole lot of room on the equipment truck? Seems like a lot of extra stuff to haul around. I can't imagine any effect it would have would be worth the extra logistical nightmare. I remember space on those trucks being pretty tight. I guess we'll see.

Edited by CQuinn
  • Like 1

But doesn't adding 4 additional concert bass drums and 3 extra sets of tymps make for a whole lot of room on the equipment truck? Seems like a lot of extra stuff to haul around. I can't imagine any effect it would have would be worth the extra logistical nightmare. I remember space on those trucks being pretty tight. I guess we'll see.

GOOD QUESTION:

It actually made us re-visit how we go down the road. You are right.

Through donations we purchased a very reasonably priced "toy" trailer that a few volunteers and board members rigged to hold all of our uniforms, making it easier to take the uniforms to laundromats (rather than having to off load them from the EQ) on wash days. That freed up plenty of space on the EQ for the extra musical instruments that will play a pretty cool role in the show. I guess the fans and the judges will have to see the show and react to it being worth it.

Edited by njthundrrd
  • Like 7

GOOD QUESTION:

It actually made us re-visit how we go down the road. You are right.

Through donations we purchased a very reasonably priced "toy" trailer that a few volunteers and board members rigged to hold all of our uniforms, making it easier to take the uniforms to laundromats (rather than having to off load them from the EQ) on wash days. That freed up plenty of space on the EQ for the extra musical instruments that will play a pretty cool role in the show. I guess the fans and the judges will have to see the show and react to it being worth it.

Speaking of going down the road....

Crown leaving Gardner Webb

(if the link does not work look ahead a few posts)

(You can see the new uniform trailer being towed by the beast.)

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

Having 9 weeks isn't going to fix marching technique or rewrite their pit book.

Plus, as has already been stated ... you cannot judge the pit book fairly in those leaked videos. You can't hear the pit most of the time since the electronics were off because of the rain. Please save all judgement until you actually see the show either live, at the Cinecast or thanks to a Live Fan Network Webcast or VOD. Only then can you make fair judgements on this show. Judging the show right now would be just as unfair as judging a new Broadway Musical that's not even made it to workshops yet on a leaked video of one song, out of context. Also, even if you have seen a video of them marching, it's still leaked. Everyone is dirty this time of year so it's unfair to say that a corps has terrible marching technique based on a fan made video from Spring Training. I'm just asking that you give this show a fair chance without this unfair prejudice you've developed based on two fan made leaked videos.

• Like 1