Carolina Crown 2012

OFFICIAL CAROLINA CROWN POLICY ON VIDEO.

Hey Guys,

Here is what we are going to do in regard to posting videos.

Feel free to post videos on DCP "as you please."

The only time we are going to ask somebody to take a video down is if it is:

1) A full show in uniform or

2) A full show in uniform posted in parts (1 of 3, 2 of 3 etc...) or

3) Posting a "ripped" copy of one of our purchased performances (Fan Network or Crown Tour product)

Please respect that.

Also, please realize that purchasing the Fan Network or buying a corps APD's, VPD's, CD's, and DVD's supports the corps directly. Merchandise is one of the vital lifelines we have and we hope that you continue to support all the drum corps in that manner.

So, with that said... POST AWAY.

Thank you for the clarification! :thumbup:

is it too early to place my order for the 2012 Tour DVD?

Edited by splat-a-drag-a-phonium

Just to take a moment to speak to the whole video blackout thing:

I completely understand and respect Crown's request that all videos not be posted until after Akron, however, as a mom, I am so grateful for those snippets of video for the chance to catch a glimpse of my kid whom I haven't seen in over 3 weeks. Because when the texts are few and far between, it's proof that he is surviving the @sskicking that is spring training. And as a proud mom, it's just nice to see him doing what he loves.

Here's hoping his rookie year is a championship year!

He's going to have an @sskicking year!

Which is why you haven't heard from him, Mom.

I totally get your passion for seeing his success (you're SO lucky!), but surely you see that the whole of the activity (or, at least, the whole of DCP) will be all a-twitter about the show until Monday night. I live in Dublin; Crown was here today and is doing a full run-through, in uniform, tonight. Their last push to the opening show. You can surely see that if I, or any other drum corps fan, posted a video today it could spoil the impact of Crown's opening act in the theaters.

My Dad taught me that "No news is good news". Take that much and smile that you're not hearing from him. And don't wish the rest of us ill because we don't want you to see your kid. It's not that.

If you haven't seen him in 3 weeks, waiting another 4 days to the cinecast will be easy.

And let's hope you're not this woman in the theater!

Edited by garfield

A friend of mine gave me audio recordings from GW a few nights back and let me tell you...Carolina Crown sounds the best that I've ever heard an early season Corps. Not only that, but the show music is EXTREMELY tough. The amount of technical proficiency on the move is amazing for this early. I don't know how clean they are or even any visual information at this time, BUT I am here to say I think Carolina Crown will win the Brass title again this year without a doubt. As long as nothing strange happens...

What's wrong with the brasslines from the other corps? Also, what's so hard about long tones in 4/4 time?

Edited by JamMan
  • Like 3

clean their water coolers in bleach water.

was going to say that but you beat me too it :P

Saw Crown's run through tonight. Its quite a show they've got going. There are a lot of brass notes going on. The drumline will be good. Nothing flashy but solid when it comes down to it.

It is a very difficult show. The spread of timpani and bass drums across the back will be hard to clean but impressive once it is. The show definitely has pre-season June show dirt going on but it will be top notch by finals.

A lot of brass notes you say? So, it's without question that you did NOT mistake a Crown rehearsal for an SCV rehearsal :P. Their brass book is like popcorn, stuff all over the place but very separated and there are many "quiet" moments. Maybe with JD on staff, that will change.