Carolina Crown 2012

But doesn't adding 4 additional concert bass drums and 3 extra sets of tymps make for a whole lot of room on the equipment truck? Seems like a lot of extra stuff to haul around. I can't imagine any effect it would have would be worth the extra logistical nightmare. I remember space on those trucks being pretty tight. I guess we'll see.

I guess it's better than props?

• Like 1

Plus, as has already been stated ... you cannot judge the pit book fairly in those leaked videos. You can't hear the pit most of the time since the electronics were off because of the rain. Please save all judgement until you actually see the show either live, at the Cinecast or thanks to a Live Fan Network Webcast or VOD. Only then can you make fair judgements on this show. Judging the show right now would be just as unfair as judging a new Broadway Musical that's not even made it to workshops yet on a leaked video of one song, out of context. Also, even if you have seen a video of them marching, it's still leaked. Everyone is dirty this time of year so it's unfair to say that a corps has terrible marching technique based on a fan made video from Spring Training. I'm just asking that you give this show a fair chance without this unfair prejudice you've developed based on two fan made leaked videos.

Well, only because you asked - I won’t comment yet

But I was a bit surprised by that

... And the uniform you saw earlier turns into....

540657_10150836463030667_1127659858_n.jpg

Jeez dude, briefs or a cup please. Wow.

The uniforms for the last 3 seasons have looked like absolute crap up close IMO. They look much better from a distance (as is the intent). I'll reserve judgement for that until I see it in person. Gold you say?

• Like 1

The uniforms for the last 3 seasons have looked like absolute crap up close IMO. They look much better from a distance (as is the intent). I'll reserve judgement for that until I see it in person. Gold you say?

Dance belts. Get 'em.

Go ahead and submit your revisions to the show and then the corps can decide if they want to revise the arrangments of a DCI Hall of Fame inductee. I mean, he's good, but you sir are a DCP poster. That carries some weight!

Andrew Markworth is in the DCI Hall of Fame?!

I guess it'd be useless to ask "how's it hangin'?"

Edited by chaos001
  • Like 5

Saw Crown's run through tonight. Its quite a show they've got going. There are a lot of brass notes going on. The drumline will be good. Nothing flashy but solid when it comes down to it.

It is a very difficult show. The spread of timpani and bass drums across the back will be hard to clean but impressive once it is. The show definitely has pre-season June show dirt going on but it will be top notch by finals.

• Like 6