Carolina Crown 2012

First, where is this video of them marching and playing? I only saw the rain standstill video. Care to share?

Second. I do think Crown has stepped up their game from last year. The musical show design I think is better tailored for a top 3 position or even championship. I just cannot see this show placing lower than last years, I can't.

But since I haven't seen the video you have I can't comment on the visual or the percussion playing while marching.

I DID notice that the pit book did, on first impression, seem thinner than last years which is strange because as far as I know it's the same arranger. That being said, I think you don't need to be flashy 100% of the time to have a great pit book that compliments the music. And as far as battery writing... we'll see...

it seems the "powers that be" at CC do not want ANY content posted anywhere ... although there is still a video on this topic of the rain standstill ...

I was on the receiving end of an email from Eric Sabach to remove content from DCP (see page 33 of this topic) ... others have been asked to make youtube content private.

Edited by ashevillemurphy

First, where is this video of them marching and playing? I only saw the rain standstill video. Care to share?

That was one of the things I was going to say in my response to that poster who was discussing how hard BD/Cadets/Cavies drill is compared to Crown. As far as I know, there has not been a video leaked that shows them marching. The only leak I've heard of is from the Preview Show where they were at a standstill. So, that poster can't say the things he's said based on the videos leaked from the Preview Show.

This is one reason why no corps wants their stuff leaked like this. You cannot fairly judge a show from a fan made video ... especially at a standstill when it was pouring the rain. Even in person the timpani in the percussion stations on the field seemed to have no tone quality for me because of the rain on the heads. Even in the best conditions, weather wise, a fan made video is not going to have great sound quality.

In person ... Carolina Crown 2012 ... :worthy:

• Like 1

As far as I know, there has not been a video leaked that shows them marching.

A couple of days ago, for a 3 nanosecond period, there were a couple of videos on YouTube showing Crown rehearse.

All I remember from them was that I had the same reaction I had from their recent years being....

Crown Drill + Incredible Tone Quality = WOW!

a few days ago there was some brief drill video's of CC practicing. Those went private in a hurry. LOL

Over the weekend arrived the latest standstill video of CC performing and then getting rained on. Drum roll...that video went private. LOL

Over on Cadets forum, their video of there show and drill can still be found. OH Lord all the heavens will fall. But as of last check that video is still open to view. Get your Santa Hat on thou.

I don't see what all this crying is over a simple stand still in the rain is causing except it makes for good entertainment reading on here. I'm sure we won't hear and see the end of them either.. It is what it is. So many fans just craving to hear their favorite CC perform! Even if the video is grainy and in the rain. :tongue:

For those just joining the conversation (or havent looked back to around page 33/34), I was the one that took some recordings while at Crown ensemble rehearsal Saturday (6/9). I was then asked to make them private by Eric until the season starts. I respected his request and made them private. The only reason why I recorded them was because it was my first rehearsal I've watched (Ive only been to 1 show, Atlanta 2008). The inlaws live in Shelby, which is right next to Boiling Springs. No way in hell I was going to pass up an opportunity to watch them live. Sorry Ashevillemurphy, I didn't intend for you to be pulled into this. How did you find my video BTW?

I know another poster mentioned having a 14 y/o lab, I think I saw him at rehearsal on Saturday.

Hey Guys,

The shows start this weekend and the judges, fans, scores, standing ovations, souvie sales, and chatter in the lot and on DCP will all get ramped up. Videos from ensemble on the move 1 or 2 weeks into move-ins without guard and standstills without electronics (and guard...and uniforms) in the rain, will all mean nothing.

It's like me reading about my favorite football team at OTA's now.

In less than a week, it will get interesting for the next 8 weeks.

Have fun.

PS - I just posted the hornline working on a parade/encore tune with our DM/Leadership campers on our FB page. Have fun with that. :tongue:

• Like 4

I know another poster mentioned having a 14 y/o lab, I think I saw him at rehearsal on Saturday.

That was me (and Max). He was less than impressed with the whole drum corps thing (but he did enjoy hanging out with the guard ! )

P1060377.JPG

Edited by corpsband

That was me (and Max). He was less than impressed with the whole drum corps thing (but he did enjoy hanging out with the guard ! )

P1060377.JPG

So, that was you? If I'd have known, I'd have come and said hello! But, even though I know who you are in real life, I don't think we've ever actually met ... or, it was only once and quick and your face just slipped my mind. Sorry about that! What'd you have done to Max? I saw what looked like bandages on his hind quarters when I saw you two on Sunday.

So, that was you? If I'd have known, I'd have come and said hello! But, even though I know who you are in real life, I don't think we've ever actually met ... or, it was only once and quick and your face just slipped my mind. Sorry about that! What'd you have done to Max? I saw what looked like bandages on his hind quarters when I saw you two on Sunday.

he's easy to ignore

:tongue:

That was me :-)

He had surgery a couple weeks ago (removed spleen + chunk of his bladder). He's doing ok now except his faucet still occasionally drips (thus the diaper). And yeah you should have said hi!