2012 Blue Devils

Just got done listening to the source music while reading the show concept...

First impression,this is going to be a very intellectual show. Excited to hear what they do with the familiar but also concerned. Im afraid that this could be another BD show that leaves the audience going "what the hell just happened."

There is no doubt that this show will be performed near perfection....BUT will the crowd have that emotional connection that so many of us enjoy.

I haven't seen nor heard anything yet, so im gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. But Im not gonna lie that i'm not a bit bummed at the announcement. A few times in past months some members of the forum, who appeared to have some kind of BD ties, seemed to hint that BD would be doing a show that will be more audience friendly and without the use of props. With these selections, as well as the amount of selections (10) and the show description, the design staff is going to have their hands full in making this plausible. Come on BD please give me a show this year that makes me jump out of my seat, prove me wrong!!!!!

• Like 2

Just read the show synopsis. I feel like a lot of what was said could have been summarized better. I like the idea of chaos vs. militarized order. These kinds of clear-cut juxtapositions usually bring about solid show designs (see: Angels and Demons). The rep looks really great. Love Childrens' Hour of Dream and I'm excited to see some Tim Burton in there as well. Hoping for BD to follow up on an entertaining show from last year with more of the same.

Shaping up to be quite a year!

Let me get this straight. You're criticizing the WRITEUP of the show announcement?

Quite a year indeed.

• Like 4

Let me get this straight. You're criticizing the WRITEUP of the show announcement?

Quite a year indeed.

Oh lord. Take off the blue-tinted glasses. I was just saying it is wordy for a Blue Devils show announcement. Go back and read the rest of my post in which I praise the show concept, the show rep, and last year's corps.

• Like 8

The source music is very interesting.

Depends on how it's all put together I guess. If they give some of those pieces time to find their voice, it could be very cool.

There's certainly a really strong visual aesthetic available -- just gonna have to wait and see what they do with the arranging.

Anyway -- as I said in another thread --- after a brief detour it appears they're headed back in the direction of '09-'10.

• Like 2

Oh lord. Take off the blue-tinted glasses. I was just saying it is wordy for a Blue Devils show announcement. Go back and read the rest of my post in which I praise the show concept, the show rep, and last year's corps.

No blue-colored glasses. Blue eyes.

And I was right.

• Like 4

No blue-colored glasses. Blue eyes.

And I was right.

Alrighty then. Have a good summer. Try not to take criticism so seriously.

I'll be cheering for your corps even if don't think I will be.

Edited by euphman89
  • Like 2

Seems like Constantly Risking Absurdity, Part II. No?

That's really what I was worried about. huh2.gif

Oh well. There's some potential here for sure, but let's see where the design team takes us. I really hate not loving their shows, I've got to try...