Blue Knights to use Jupiter Brass

Jupiter instruments suck.

• Like 4

And the holy war finds a new battleground...

• Like 2

I wondered which corps would be next to sell out. Jupiter must be offering one heck of a good deal. BK will be just fine though. They always have one of the best brass sounds of any corps.

• Like 3

Alright, haters. I just got back from playing on these horns all weekend. First of all, you really can't make a judgement about Jupiter Quantum Marching Brass from year to year because they change and evolve every year. The ones that BK is marching now are leagues above the less than desirable ones that PR marched in '09. Second, these horns freaking rock. The newest models are definitely a MAJOR upgrade from what we were on before. Jupiter has the best customer service and is totally interested in helping make their horns better with us. It's an excellent business partnership for BK. And I think BK's still on Pearl drums for a bit - Hardimon likes Pearl. :cool:

• Like 2

I always remember the Blue Knights' brassline having a strong low brass presence. From what I understand, Quantum horns heavily favor low brass over high.

Am I missing something, or is Blue Knights + Jupiter even more of a good thing?

• Like 5