It's Official, Cadets need a new PR writer

I have a different spin that hasn't been mentioned. You think once DCI season is over, Cadets 2 will borrow some members from the Cadets to fill out holes? What an big advantage having a great corps like the cadets to fall back on for members if needed.

That sort of thing has gone on in DCA for decades, so the question is a good one!

I wouldn't want to follow them.......

honestly...and this is no dig at C2, or any other corps....I wouldn't care, and neither should a performer in any corps.

You can control your performance. You can't control what other corps do or what the judges do. If you go out and do your job, it doesn't matter who you follow. I've gotten a standing O following Cabs and Empire, and I've gotten a standing O following BD...all in the same month.

If anything, following someone that lights the crowd means they're ready for you to deliver too

• Like 4

That sort of thing has gone on in DCA for decades, so the question is a good one!

it isn't as prevalant as it used to be though.....shows today are a lot more to pick up in 2/3 weeks and be performing at a high level

honestly...and this is no dig at C2, or any other corps....I wouldn't care, and neither should a performer in any corps.

You can control your performance. You can't control what other corps do or what the judges do. If you go out and do your job, it doesn't matter who you follow. I've gotten a standing O following Cabs and Empire, and I've gotten a standing O following BD...all in the same month.

If anything, following someone that lights the crowd means they're ready for you to deliver too

Everybody I have ever marched with gave it their all. You're not telling me anything I don't know. You're also assuming an equivalent level of staff, arranging, size, talent and finances. I could see you're argument between those top 5 corps you mention. On any given day the corps that sells it wins. I'm talking about first year corps smaller in size and talent having to follow a corps like cadets2. That would be a pretty tough act to follow. (common showbiz term).

Edited by Santana
  • Like 1

it isn't as prevalant as it used to be though.....shows today are a lot more to pick up in 2/3 weeks and be performing at a high level

That is very true. I would think there would need to be some pre-planning, like getting the person the music to memorize well ahead of time, at the very least.

I do recall DCP signatures that showed a DCI and DCA corps in the same year (forget who), so I would guess it does happen at least a little.

That is very true. I would think there would need to be some pre-planning, like getting the person the music to memorize well ahead of time, at the very least.

I do recall DCP signatures that showed a DCI and DCA corps in the same year (forget who), so I would guess it does happen at least a little.

What I've seen is filling drill holes so learning the drill was first, then the loud notes at the end of the songs. :tongue:

Then again, the Cadets I heard talking wished they had more time to learn the music too. :blink:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Everybody I have ever marched with gave it their all. You're not telling me anything I don't know. You're also assuming an equivalent level of staff, arranging, size, talent and finances. I could see you're argument between those top 5 corps you mention. On any given day the corps that sells it wins. I'm talking about first year corps smaller in size and talent having to follow a corps like cadets2. That would be a pretty tough act to follow. (common showbiz term).

size shouldn't mean a ###### thing. talent I can see, but there's some ###### good "smaller" corps in DCA.

size shouldn't mean a ###### thing. talent I can see, but there's some ###### good "smaller" corps in DCA.

YES.

To back this up, aren't two of the DCA voting members A Class, which means they outscored 3 Open Corps on the same sheet and Panel at prelims last season?

And the Hurcs have done extremely well with what would be thought of as a smallish horn line the past few seasons.

I remember people filling holes not to play just to be that body, and its much easier to drag someone around then to play the notes. Easier to teach 1 person fast then a group.

Its shouldn't mean #### but we know that the judges are giving credit for larger groups.

Much of that has to do with "TODAYS" sheets. More credit is given to visual and a huge part of the visual aspect has to do with field coverage. The Better the field coverage front and back and side to side the better a corps will score in most cases.