It's Official, Cadets need a new PR writer

They are Cadets. Trust me when I tell you that they have higher expectations for themselves than any DCA fan, supporter or not, would have.

Then I hope they don't harm themselves with unrealistic expectations..... no matter where those expectations may be coming from.

And that is a sincere wish, not sarcasim as have seen this hurt groups (corps and others) before.... And have seen firsthand how "keeping it real" can help a group starting out.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I don't think that DCA rules would permit C2 to compete in a DCI show, unless they somehow did so as a DCA corps, as is done out west. A judged exhibition would be a different story, I think.

Someone more in the know DCA-rule-wise feel free to correct this if I am wrong.

If they are an evaluated and approved all age member of DCI, they can compete in DCI shows and get scored on DCA sheets by the panel. This happens at many shows in other regions now and at a select few regionals

Which I don't get because they will perform before that date.

Can't help you there,Liz. All I know is what I read on the promotional material. And when I checked with the powers that be for that show, that's what *they* were told. I'm sure there's an answer somewhere, but pursuing that answer would be more trouble than it's worth.

If they are an evaluated and approved all age member of DCI, they can compete in DCI shows and get scored on DCA sheets by the panel. This happens at many shows in other regions now and at a select few regionals

Right...that is what I thought. They could not compete in DCI, in say, the Open class, and still compete in DCA though, right??

Then I hope they don't harm themselves with unrealistic expectations..... no matter where those expectations may be coming from.

And that is a sincere wish, not sarcasim as have seen this hurt groups (corps and others) before.... And have seen firsthand how "keeping it real" can help a group starting out.

I don't think that will be an issue. One of their visual staff is the new Band Director at the HS I work with, and they seem to be doing things right, from talking with her.

How many other new corps have there been in the past several years? Have we all made a big stink when Tampa Bay Thunder, Alliance, and other new corps in the past 12 years started and came out? C2 is great for DCA and great for drum corps. I hope none of their members pay any mind to what is being said about their corps and George Hopkins. Why are they being raked around the dirt since last year? I hope they do very well and hope they beat several corps. Of course then will come the conspiracy experts after finals. Come On! Give them a break, they've endured this BS all winter long. Lets welcome them to DCA and be supportive of their efforts!

Lets face it. Tampa Bay, Alliance and a lot of the start up corps that we have seen come and go haven't really been a threat to the top tier corps . One could argue that Alliance was on the road to being a threat but it never did materialize on the score sheets.

C2 have the value and benefit of a seasoned winning DCA staff. Important note there "DCA" staff. They know the insides and outsides from the DCA ropes and certainly will be there come September.

Ive been told but cannot verify that C2 will be going on first at all shows. Maybe someone can verify that???

Right...that is what I thought. They could not compete in DCI, in say, the Open class, and still compete in DCA though, right??

I believe that is correct.

Or maybe I should say... this I believe. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

correct.

Edited by Jeff Ream

I don't think that will be an issue. One of their visual staff is the new Band Director at the HS I work with, and they seem to be doing things right, from talking with her.

I hope so Mike, the known quantity here is the YEA nameplate and staff.

But.... none of that is worth any points on the sheets and the folks on the field sound like they will be pretty much newbies. That's why thoughts of staff or anyone else saying "we expect you to...." before they hit the first show sound like a nightmare waiting to happen.

Ed, used to be non-DCA members corps went on before member corps and now I believe Class A starts a regular season show. Since Cadets2 are an unknown quantity I can see them going on first. No idea if that would change later in the season if they really catch fire.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Lets face it. Tampa Bay, Alliance and a lot of the start up corps that we have seen come and go haven't really been a threat to the top tier corps . One could argue that Alliance was on the road to being a threat but it never did materialize on the score sheets.

C2 have the value and benefit of a seasoned winning DCA staff. Important note there "DCA" staff. They know the insides and outsides from the DCA ropes and certainly will be there come September.

Ive been told but cannot verify that C2 will be going on first at all shows. Maybe someone can verify that???

well, if I remember the rules correctly, all first year non member corps should go on first yes