Props -- who's got 'em?

I love how Hoppy straight-up trolled a Facebook commenter...

:thumbup:

Isn't everyone trolling on Twitter? :blink:

I LOVE the blow-up Santa doll idea! And make it really snow! And cover the entire field with white tarps.

I don't know, of course, but I've got this feeling about this show...

It's going to be good, and I can't wait.

• Like 2

No doubt that BD will have a very visually ineffective prop set up, but get tons of credit for it. Ala, the last few years.

The thing is, They probably would have done JUST as well without all that trash. They marched well, played well, drummed well, and spun well!

You obviously weren't paying close attention to their 2010 show....can't imagine the reflection and disappearing visuals without the props. :blink:

And 2009 without the chairs....would be a little like a Fred Astaire chair tap routine without the chair??

One man's trash is another man's treasure.....chest! (I needed a prop analogy)! :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I would seriously be fine with a season without props. From everyone.

hmmmm maybe picture frames for Madison, Xmas decor for cadets, Spirit ( Please no fuzzy dice or big dice to dance on..many many bands a some DCA corps have been there and done that, and done that and done that.

I see Glassmen maybe with some abstract glass or shiny thing, maybe like STAR I think it was 93...I have a feeling BD may go prop less just to bust those who do..Or they will go over the top with props..Its all cool as long as it works and adds not detracts from the show process....BUT NO DICE SPIRIT>>>>LOL>..

• Like 1

You obviously weren't paying close attention to their 2010 show....can't imagine the reflection and disappearing visuals without the props. :blink:

And 2009 without the chairs....would be a little like a Fred Astaire chair tap routine without the chair??

One man's trash is another man's treasure.....chest! (I needed a prop analogy)! :rolleyes:

I didn't say they didn't make sense. I said they were visually ineffective.

I also understand why they use the PVC stuff. That way when you build the prop, regardless of where you are in the stadium, you can still see all the members forward or backwards from the point in the field you build the prop.

The Blue Devils can win without it. I genuinely think they would have placed similarly if not better without it.

• Like 5

So far NO! BD does not have any that I have seen yet.

Their show is really interesting so far. This one will be a classic! (mark my words)

Edited by flammaster
  • Like 2

So far NO! BD does not have any that I have seen yet.

Their show is really interesting so far. This one will be a classic! (mark my words)

Are the Devils really marching ( and playing while marching ) this year. That's all I want to know...

• Like 6