Shaun Canon to Perform at DCI Finals

Just saw this. I'm one of Shaun Canon's assistants, and this is actually my fault. I fixed it on here: http://www.reverbnation.com/shauncanon. It should now say Drum Corps instead of Marching Band. Until Shaun Canon did this music video, I didn't know the difference between the two. Sorry About that. It should be updated on his website within the next 24 hours.

Ghost:

Thanks for making the change. Now all you need to do to be accurate is change "National Championship" to "World Championship."

• Like 3

The old was:

"Shaun Canon performs as the main featured guest of the Drum Corps International marching band competition. Shaun will be accompanied by Lindsey Stirling on violin, and 3,000 of the nation's best marching band high school performers."

and the new now is:

"Shaun Canon will be the featured guest performer at the Drum Corps International National Championship, accompanied by hundreds of Drum Corps performers. Shaun Canon will make a guest performance at this competition to show his support for music programs and pay tribute to one of the finest music competitions in the world."

I'm sorry but (the bold text) sounds like all the drum corps performers are a background band. oh well I digress... :tongue:

• Like 1

Ghost:

Thanks for making the change. Now all you need to do to be accurate is change "National Championship" to "World Championship."

He will eventually get it right! :tongue:

• Like 1

Can we get a thread title change to "Pedantry: The Thread"?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

Ghost:

I'm sorry but (the bold text) sounds like all the drum corps performers are a background band. oh well I digress... :tongue:

Good grief Charlie Brown; no wonder many outside drum corps think we are elitist marching band geeks!!!!!!

• Like 4

i honestly had no clue who this guy was. i watched american idol up to last season so i probably missed him when he was on.

The information reads a lot better than it initially did. All the little tid bits that have been suggested since the change are a bit much. I think this is way less misleading and I respect the assistant for coming forth and humbling themselves about the error. We all make errors and I know I'm the first to ":doh:" when I do! hahaha! But this is very respectable for the artist. Hopefully, no matter what, the event will be great. Drum Corps events usuaully are!

I love how everyone wants to see drum corps get more exposure, attract new fans, etc... But the moment DCI tries to do something in an effort to attract those fans, the community turns against them.

I love the elitist attitudes.

I think it's a good idea. I think the wording originally up on the site sucked and could hurt DCI more than help

Edited by Jeff Ream

This DCI press release does not mention that he would be performing at finals...this release is all about his new video...just for the record. :smile:

You are correct. Did I mention earlier I'm sleep deprived? Yes? Well, I'm going to use that excuse as long as I can...because I can. :shutup: