Who is finished?

Just got back from watching Spirit this evening.

They have a portion of the closer done and are working to finish it.

Sin City is a solid show. Loads of content in all captions. They'll be in Finals and possibly move up a spot or two. There's a lot of dirt but when, not if, they get this show cleaned up - it's going to be 1 of the top fan favorites. Great show Spirit! :smile:

* On a side note: I spoke with 1 of the dm's, Devin, and I'd like to take a moment to say that she's one of the nicest most delightful young ladies that I've spoken with in a long time. What an outstanding representative of Spirit this young lady is. I also spoke with several of the staff members and found every one of them friendly, positive, and professional. The amount of positive energy I felt at their rehearsal was amazing. Well Done! :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

I don't see why a show that isn't finished should receive more credit than a show that is. You are missing a huge amount of content for a portion of the show. Whether they stop the show early or just standstill until the end of the music, the show is not finished, so it makes it impossible to judge many captions. So the GE visual judge is going to judge how effective the arc form is for 2 minutes straight??? The field visual judge can judge posture I guess?? And admire the pretty uniforms?

But one thing is that the Cadets moved in before anyone else... so they should be good and ready to perform their whole show. And there is nothing wrong with performing something under tempo... especially if it is safer.

Also, I do love how effective Cadets drill can be.. but sometimes it is downright dangerous and idiotic. They are taught how to control their bodies well, that's why there aren't more injuries... but one tiny mistake, one step in the slight wrong path, and you could be demolished. Especially with the tight intervals that the Cadets often work with.

I think they'll be ready for the first show... they have known the drill for a couple days now right?? If they can't march it safely by Saturday, it might be time for a rewrite...

• Like 3

I don't see why a show that isn't finished should receive more credit than a show that is. You are missing a huge amount of content for a portion of the show. Whether they stop the show early or just standstill until the end of the music, the show is not finished, so it makes it impossible to judge many captions. So the GE visual judge is going to judge how effective the arc form is for 2 minutes straight??? The field visual judge can judge posture I guess?? And admire the pretty uniforms?

But one thing is that the Cadets moved in before anyone else... so they should be good and ready to perform their whole show. And there is nothing wrong with performing something under tempo... especially if it is safer.

Also, I do love how effective Cadets drill can be.. but sometimes it is downright dangerous and idiotic. They are taught how to control their bodies well, that's why there aren't more injuries... but one tiny mistake, one step in the slight wrong path, and you could be demolished. Especially with the tight intervals that the Cadets often work with.

I think they'll be ready for the first show... they have known the drill for a couple days now right?? If they can't march it safely by Saturday, it might be time for a rewrite...

You've got to be kidding me with statements like this. So their not being able to march CADETS TYPE DRILL safely by their first show is grounds for a rewrite? That is NOT how Cadets drill works. You ever hear the expression "practice makes perfect"? I think it's quite time for some people to climb down off the horse because I see in the signatures of many posters who have marched corps who HAVE NOT had their entire show done by their first show.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2

Crossmen have completed the whole show! Watch out a storm is brewing.

You've got to be kidding me with statements like this. So their not being able to march CADETS TYPE DRILL safely by their first show is grounds for a rewrite? That is NOT how Cadets drill works. You ever hear the expression "practice makes perfect"? I think it's quite time for some people to climb down off the horse because I see in the signatures of many posters who have marched corps who HAVE NOT had their entire show done by their first show.

I was pretty ###### that we didn't have our shows finished the two years I marched... and it was 100% drill writer fault.. because he didn't get the drill to us fast enough.

I just don't see why they couldn't perform the drill if they have had it for a week! It's not supposed to be clean. Hell it's the Cadets, we know it will be dirty as #### for a while. I'm betting they will march the drill for the first show.

And CADETS TYPE SHOWS are always grounds for rewrites... maybe George wants the whole closer rewritten already and that's why he doesn't want to march it... haha... that's 100% speculation though...

I was pretty ###### that we didn't have our shows finished the two years I marched... and it was 100% drill writer fault.. because he didn't get the drill to us fast enough.

I just don't see why they couldn't perform the drill if they have had it for a week! It's not supposed to be clean. Hell it's the Cadets, we know it will be dirty as #### for a while. I'm betting they will march the drill for the first show.

That's my point. You're on the outside looking in. Before making statements as to why a corps should have their drill done before the first show, or why they should be able to march their entire show by the first show, we need to know all the facts first. It's not about it being clean, it's also about the performers being able to march it confidently and not having any types of mishaps. I'm sure we've all seen what happens when the performers aren't able to perform their show with confidence. Hell, I was one of those performers in 1999. That's only one example though. But hopefully you get my point as I understand yours. I hope they have the entire show complete by Saturday, but I'm not gonna get all ###### off because they don't. But that's just me. :guinesssmilie:

• Like 1

That's my point. You're on the outside looking in. Before making statements as to why a corps should have their drill done before the first show, or why they should be able to march their entire show by the first show, we need to know all the facts first. It's not about it being clean, it's also about the performers being able to march it confidently and not having any types of mishaps. I'm sure we've all seen what happens when the performers aren't able to perform their show with confidence. Hell, I was one of those performers in 1999. That's only one example though. But hopefully you get my point as I understand yours. I hope they have the entire show complete by Saturday, but I'm not gonna get all ###### off because they don't. But that's just me. :guinesssmilie:

If the bolded statement was totally true, then we wouldn't have had several Cadet shows such as Cadets' 1997 show: Celebration.

Going by the logic you gave The Cadets wouldn't have marched the full show in Denver ( on July 19th, 1997 where they got 1st), where there was a massive pileup that I have recorded for posterity's sake...

The performers were not able to march the show confidently or without mishaps 2/3rds of the way through July... Should they have NOT marched the show because the drill was too hard?

If the bolded statement was totally true, then we wouldn't have had several Cadet shows such as Cadets' 1997 show: Celebration.

Going by the logic you gave The Cadets wouldn't have marched the full show in Denver ( on July 19th, 1997 where they got 1st), where there was a massive pileup that I have recorded for posterity's sake...

The performers were not able to march the show confidently or without mishaps 2/3rds of the way through July... Should they have NOT marched the show because the drill was too hard?

The pileup was in 99.

That was not my point. And wait a minute, that pileup was in 1999 because I was in that show. I don't remember exactly why that pileup happened, but we were more familiar with that show around that time and something unusual probably happened which caused us to have a massive pileup. I don't remember because I was outside the pileup.

By the way, I'd REALLY love to see that recording.

Edited by 2000Cadet

The pileup was in 99.

My video says it's also in '97 in Denver... ph34r.gif