Who is finished?

Well, I'm just going by what Michael Cesario said. But hey, what's he know?

Come on man, cut the sarcasm. You know just as well as I do that LIFE often gets in the way when it comes to cases like this. I want a show to be finished just as much as you do. Hell, when I marched, I was ticked when we left for tour with an unfinished show. But sometimes things don't always happen the way we want them to.

• Like 1

Come on man, cut the sarcasm. You know just as well as I do that LIFE often gets in the way when it comes to cases like this. I want a show to be finished just as much as you do. Hell, when I marched, I was ticked when we left for tour with an unfinished show. But sometimes things don't always happen the way we want them to.

and sometimes there are consequences when we don't meet objectives.

not sure how you can logically make the argument that any corps should get credit for work not completed. Why not just start Cadets, Cavaliers, and BD at 90, since they will be there at the end of the season anyway?

• Like 2

Now now...I'm actually being quite literal here. Go back to my previous post. I've updated it.

Which would people rather see, a show that isn't completely finished at the first show, or a show that is painfully dirty and will eventually be almost fully re-written, so that what is seen at the first show is nothing like what is seen at Finals?

Me, I'd rather see a more coherent product that might not be finished, instead of one where a "placeholder" closer is tacked on just so they can have a full show, that will end up getting scrapped two weeks later

It's just amazing how much so many fans expect out of corps every year, like things are so much different from when they marched (or didn't). We now have to have scores right after the first show, every show has to be complete, there has to be guard uniforms and silks, everyone has to be squeaky clean with no holes at the first show. Calm down people. It's drum corps. They have two months to get it all perfect. It's all a process. Maybe we're all just being a little too demanding and greedy for the opening weekend.

• Like 1

and sometimes there are consequences when we don't meet objectives.

not sure how you can logically make the argument that any corps should get credit for work not completed. Why not just start Cadets, Cavaliers, and BD at 90, since they will be there at the end of the season anyway?

Probably because it sometimes takes longer to learn some drill sets as compared to others, or the staff has to ensure the music actually matches the drill, or some drill sets may be harder, and so on and so on. My point is that we don't know, so to sit back and demand a show be completed by the first show can sometimes be an unrealistic expectation.

Which would people rather see, a show that isn't completely finished at the first show, or a show that is painfully dirty and will eventually be almost fully re-written, so that what is seen at the first show is nothing like what is seen at Finals?

Me, I'd rather see a more coherent product that might not be finished, instead of one where a "placeholder" closer is tacked on just so they can have a full show, that will end up getting scrapped two weeks later

It's just amazing how much so many fans expect out of corps every year, like things are so much different from when they marched (or didn't). We now have to have scores right after the first show, every show has to be complete, there has to be guard uniforms and silks, everyone has to be squeaky clean with no holes at the first show. Calm down people. It's drum corps. They have two months to get it all perfect. It's all a process. Maybe we're all just being a little too demanding and greedy for the opening weekend.

I like the changes throughout the season ( Cavaliers 007 show anyone), so I'll go for a full show, then we can record all the changes throughout the season too.

Updating from my earlier post, go to 12:20. That's where he starts telling us about shows having to be finished/scoring.

http://www.marchingroundtable.com/2011/11/21/episode-40-michael-cesario-looking-back-looking-forward/

Yeah I already saw that and I got the point and fully understand the point of view. I'm just saying, sometimes it doesn't happen the way we want.