Cadets2 Performance

That part is perfectly fine. Where people go wrong is when they say 'the crowd...' this or that, or 'everyone thinks....' or phrases such as that where a person takes their own opinion and pretends that what they think is what the rest of the audience thinks.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I could not have said that any better myself!!! :doh:

Just for the record being EXTREMELY CLOSE TO Jimmy Coz... He stood where he did for a reason and also wore that white baseball cap for a reason also...

Every show. Cos would stand in one place, and Bob Murray usually watched the corps from another spot... many times Bob would stand off to the side, maybe around the 20-yard-line or so. I never quite figured that out. :tongue:

In 1980, we (Sun) had Bobby Hoffman as our drill designer. I noticed that at DCA Prelims that year, he watched us from the end zone, of all places.

I asked him why. He said seeing a corps from there gave him a different perspective on the visual show... depth of forms, intervals, dress and cover, etc.

Early June or late May drill rehearsal... 34 horns in a drill written for 56... go figure... to me that just proves they really are a DCA corps... or have all of you forgotten how hard attendance is in late May and June due to graduations, weddings and all means of family obligations?

now if they'd had 56 out of 56 horns there and practiced all week at camp... then... I would have been seriously concerned...

who misses rehearsal for weddings and graduations?

• Like 1

Teachers!

I bet lots of HS-aged kids do...a story from the dark ages...

In mid-June of 1971 my corps (Cadets) were going to Toronto for the Shriners International show. The corps left early in the day to get up to Toronto early enough to rehearse. Around a dozen of us had HS graduations in the New Jersey area that day (June 18 or 19). We all met up in Garfield around 9:00 PM and a caravan of four cars drove up to Toronto all night long, with volunteer adults driving us up. The corps had gotten to Canada long before to rehearse.

:smile:

:laughing:

All I could think of was this from "Wall Street":

"The point is, ladies and gentlemen, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good."

Ummm actually I was Agreeing with him and was just trying to extend the AAAAAH Greee out .. did't mean Greed.. LOL ..

So where were we.. oh yeah.. Welcome Cadets 2 see you on the fifty.

I remember a practice where a husband and wife missed practice that day and maybe a mutual good friend for a wedding, but were there for the performace that night with no issues.

That was once in six seasons. Very rare.

Ummm actually I was Agreeing with him and was just trying to extend the AAAAAH Greee out .. did't mean Greed.. LOL ..

So where were we.. oh yeah.. Welcome Cadets 2 see you on the fifty.

It's all good. :cool: My fingers get bad from work. When I started there my fingers swelled to the point I can't wear my Westshoremen 5-Year ring and need it resized. One of the few things that really has kind of irrtitated me for awhile. :satisfied: It also leads to a lot of fumbled typos on keyboards. I have to be really careful myself.

I know you're looking forward to competing and yah should be. :thumbup:

The variety of styles and approaches to the activity is also what makes the circuit very strong, and also leads to a lot of the discussions we've had in this thread. Not everyone will like them all- but there has to be something for everyone to like if they listen and watch.

That part is perfectly fine. Where people go wrong is when they say 'the crowd...' this or that, or 'everyone thinks....' or phrases such as that where a person takes their own opinion and pretends that what they think is what the rest of the audience thinks.

Biggest thing my mom beat into my rock like head was people have different opinions and if anyone has a problem accepting that fact then.... well they have a problem...

Still remember the quote (with two variations): "If everyone liked the same thing (or thought the same way) this world would be #### boring". Interesting to see how many posters must have been taught the opposite way.

"The crowd...." LOL as Prelims day I'm usually watching the early corps (with not many other people) and then skate back to the hotel partway thru the big corps as I'll see them at Finals anyway. IOW - I do the opposite of most people.