Drum Corps at the Movies

After seeing tonights show here in the Buffalo NY area, one thought comes to mind. Will Blue Coats "Masquerade" opener be blacked out for sync license on the blue rays?

When the 'coats announced their show (after people got upset from just having a title for a month), they announced that it took so long because they were securing all rights. So I'm pretty sure they are in the clear.

After seeing tonights show here in the Buffalo NY area, one thought comes to mind. Will Blue Coats "Masquerade" opener be blacked out for sync license on the blue rays?

This is from the Music for All Copyright Guide in regards to Andrew Lloyd Webber and Bernstein licensors: http://www.musicforall.org/resources/copyright/restricted-compositions

Andrew Lloyd Webber and Leonard Bernstein licensors require approval of a draft score. This process may take several weeks and approval is not guaranteed. Please plan well ahead if you wish to consider these works in your repertoire

You'd better hope that Mike Boo doesn't see this post. :shutup:

Just got back from the movies. This will be an EPIC season! Phantom, Crown, Bluecoats and Cadets were great, and Blue Stars and Cavies played much better than I was expecting. Still singing parts of the Bluecoats show, gotta love Turandot, Cadets were clean and loud, and you get the feeling like Crown could do something special! Can't wait to see how Cavies respond later in the season. The next few weeks will be epic I say, EPIC!!! (sleeping.gif drum corps coma).

Captions really all over the place between the two shows. Interesting!

Edited by chris ncsu

I thought the kids all did great for their first show. Good luck the rest of the season. Now here are a few things I think each of the design teams need to consider (IMHO):

Blue Stars – Clean the drill and guard. Give the boys on the boat/dock something to do other than pose.

Cavaliers – Bring back Gaines. The “glam fame” look is not working in the guard.

Phantom – Rewrite Nessum Dorma (too square, man). Rewrite drum feature.

Crown – Why do you keep making the guard invisible? Can’t at least the flags stand out?

Cadets – Get that ending on the field! Figure something better to do (or lose) the slides.

Bluecoats – Rework the second half to match the energy of the first. But rewrite Masquerade (kinda square).

Definitely walked away from the theater thinking that 2012 is going to be an entertaining year indeed. Of the Top 5 that performed, I can't say that I would be surprised if any of them won it in August. And who knows where SCV and Blue Devils will fit in.

As for the Blue Stars, I was expecting a lot worse than what it was just based on what reviews I had read. I think this will end up being a lot better than last year. Little surprised they had an elevated stage again this year. It was quite a distraction and took away from last year's production IMO and so I am just surprised they are doing it again.